1.8

i woke up to knocking on the bedroom door and whined at my headache.

sighing, i looked around and remembered i was in harry's house, before then remembering simon fucked another girl last night, jealousy immediately filling my heart.

"madison?" i heard, recognising it as harry's voice, and i got up and unlocked the door, clambering back into bed, sitting with my back against the headboard as harry opened the door and walked in, closing it behind him.

"tea, pain killers and water." harry motioned to the items he'd just set down on the bedside table, offering me a small smile.

"thank you." i mumbled, taking the pills with the water, before holding the warm mug in my hands and taking sips of the hot liquid.

"i'm sorry."

"it's not your fault." i looked up at him as he sat next to me, putting a loose arm around my shoulders, "i shouldn't even feel bad, he's not mine, we're not dating. he's allowed to be with other girls." i spoke quietly.

"i would feel the same, it's okay." harry said, "simon came downstairs after he realised you weren't replying--you'd fallen asleep, and he told me what happened. as soon as you'd left the room that he and the...girl were in, he made her leave, and she did." harry told me, pressing a brotherly kiss to the side of my head, "he's sorry, and he knows he fucked up."

"harry, y--"

"i'm not here on his behalf. he didn't ask me to speak to you, i just am because you're like a little sister to me and it pains me that one of my best friends has hurt you. i can tell he feels like shit for it, though."

"so do i." i mumbled, resting my head on his shoulder.

"he left earlier this morning, as he knew you wouldn't want to see him," harry said, but i cut him off before he could say anything else.

"thank you, harry."

"oh, it's alright." he said with a small smile, "are you okay?"

i nodded, finishing my tea and getting up, before realising i was just in underwear, "oh, i'm sorry--"

"it's fine, you have a tattoo?" harry asked, reminding me of simon's similar words.

"yeah." i said, turning slightly so that he could see it more clearly.

"it's so cute." he smiled, "do you want one of my shirts? i doubt your dress is the most comfortable thing in the morning." harry chuckled and i nodded as he left to get one.

"here." harry smiled, placing the shirt on the end of the bed.

"thank you, h." i returned his smile, pulling the shirt over my head, it not quite being as long as simon's was, but still reaching my mid thigh, before following harry downstairs and recovering a sympathetic look from josh in the kitchen.