1.6

"you on it with minter?"

i looked up to be met with deep eyes and a smug smirk surrounded by a thick beard. josh.

"um, no?" i mumbled, knowing simon wouldn't appreciate it if i'd have answered differently, even if we were.

"good. he could do better." josh smirked.

"freya could do better." i muttered, looking down as i remembered her kindness the morning after the party, a contrast to josh's seemingly constant bitterness.

despite me speaking quietly, i knew josh still heard it, and he opened his mouth to come up with some smart arse comment, but our teacher cut him off.

"mr zerker, please face the front." our criminology teacher scalded, josh turning around as sir continued with the lesson.

i shut my locker but stumbled as i dropped my books with a sigh, earning a familiar laugh.

josh had just knocked me over, and simon and jj found it hilarious.

i scoffed, and wished for simon to help me and apologise on josh's behalf, despite knowing he wouldn't.

why would he take me swimming and read with me, but then go back to being a dick and 'bad boy', as soon as he was in the vicinity of his friends.

i picked up my books as they walked off, and i sighed, continuing to lessons.

i jogged out onto the football pitch, smiling to harry, but my grin faltered as, for once, simon was smiling at me, but i couldn't bring myself to smile back.

i rolled my eyes and ran past him, over to miss charles.

a.n. merry christmas, i hope you all have a lovely day whether or whether not you celebrate it :) x

🎅🏼🎅🏽🎅🏾🎅🏿
🎁🎉🎊
⛄️☃️
🎄