2.7

a small smile slipped onto my lips as simon reached across and gently placed his palm on my thigh as he drove us to a restaurant, it now being saturday evening.

"reservation for simon?"

"yes, come this way." the waitress smiled, leading us to a table for two.

i thanked her after sitting down, and simon and i ordered drinks before she left to tend to someone else.

"come on." simon grinned, getting out of his car, where it was parked by the lake we'd been to before, his eyes holding an excited and joyous sparkle.

"i'm so full, i can't run." i whined, giggling as i got out too, undressing down to my underwear as he did, before following him into the cool water, gasping as it met my skin.

immediately, simon grabbed my waist, pulling me to him and allowing me to wrap my legs around his torso as he stood in the water, it reaching his neck.

he leant forwards and gently pressed his lips to mine, my arms slipping around his neck as i kissed back, unable to stop smiling into the kiss.

"tell me something about you." i said softly, looking into his bright eyes.

"when i was seven, my mother died." he said quietly, looking away.

"i'm sorry." i whispered.

"all my life, i was told it was an accident, that she slipped and knocked her head, cracking it open, but about a year ago, i found out that it was suicide. i push people away--i pushed my dad away, to prevent more pain from possible occurring." his words were soft and clear, his eyes pain stricken and deep.

"i lost my baby sister when she was just three days old." i said, gently holding simon's jaw and tilting his face up so he'd look at me again.

"i would love to have a sister. i just have two annoying older brothers." he spoke, a small smile creeping onto his lips, "do you have any other siblings?"

i shook my head and suddenly burst out giggling when he moved his fingers to tickle me, and i let go of him, swimming away.

"come back." simon grinned, beckoning me and i hesitantly returned to him.

he grabbed my waist, pulling me to him and peppering kisses on my lips, before i cupped his face and pulled his lips down to my own once again.

"come on." he smiled, picking me up and carrying me back to his car, giving me another t-shirt and pair of his boxers to change into, and i just pulled on my adidas shoes i'd been wearing earlier as we got into his car.

"where're we going?" i asked softly as he drove.

simon looked over and smirked at me, "it's a surprise."

"you like dogs, right?" simon glanced at me as he turned into a small, empty car park.

"i love them." i nodded, "why?"

"oh, i was just wondering." he smiled, parking the car and getting out.

i followed him and he grabbed my hand as we walked towards the entrance of the brightly-lit building, causing a smile to form on my lips at his cute side.

we walked in and i heard a couple of puppies barking and i furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as simon just looked over and smirked at me, tugging me around a corner where i was met with a cage full of labrador puppies.

"pick one." he whispered in my ear, motioning to the dogs in front of me.

"are you sure?" i asked, unable to conceal my delight.

he nodded, a fond smile on his face as i let go of his hand and hurried towards the puppies.

"hey, hunny." i heard a moment later, as i was stroking the dogs, "you can take them out, if you like."

i turned around and saw a middle-aged lady grinning at me, and i thanked her before reaching into the cage and bringing two of my favourite golden labradors out.

i sat on the floor and placed them in my lap, one immediately cuddling into me as i fussed it and the other.

"aw, she really likes you." simon grinned, pointing to the one that had snuggled into my lap and i smiled, seeing the lady nod and smile too.

"can i have her?" i asked softly and simon nodded with a grin.

"of course, darling." the lady clapped excitedly, walking over to the counter and standing behind it, simon following her over and paying and filling out forms as i placed the other dog back into the cage and continued to cuddle and pet my one.

"thank you, so much." i giggled happily once simon and i were in the car, the puppy on my lap and simon's hand on my thigh comfortingly.

"you're very welcome, princess." he smirked, "what are you calling her?"

"darcy." i mumbled, "after my sister."

"my mum was called darcy, too." simon stated, glancing over to the puppy.

"really?" i questioned and he nodded, a small smile planted delicately on his lips.

i took multiple adorable photos of darcy, uploading some to my snapchat and posting one on instagram, my comments and messages flooding with questions and complements.

my phone started ringing and i accepted it, putting it on speaker so that i could fuss darcy as i spoke, "hi, harry."

"you got a puppy?"

"yeah." i smiled, simon lightly squeezing my thigh, "she's called darcy."

"aw, are you with simon?"

"hey, haz." simon said simply, answering his question.

"si, you've gone soft." harry teased and simon scoffed.

i talked to harry for another couple of minutes before hanging up as simon pulled up outside the café, "i'm just gone get two teas to take out." he said and i nodded, playfully sticking my tongue out to him as he got out, returning it.

i sat on simon's bed, the covers draping over my back and shoulders as he sat next to me, the other way around, darcy cuddled in my crossed legs, a warm cup of tea in mine and his hands.

"thank you so much for everything today." i smiled, leaning forward to press a kiss to his cheek as simon turned his face with a smirk, so that our lips would meet.