4.1

simon and i were walking through a shopping centre, when i noticed an old friend walking the opposite way.

"noah!" i squealed, running over to him as he engulfed me in a hug.

"madison, hey." he smiled, "i haven't seen you in ages! how are you?"

"i'm good yeah, you?" i replied and he nodded.

"so, who's that you were with?" he winked.

"simon." i giggled.

"introduce me then, you hoe." he teased, grabbing my hand as i walked back to where simon was, on his phone.

"hey." i said softly and he looked up, eyes harsh, before they trailed down to mine and noah's hands, as a scowl found its way onto his face.

"simon, this is noah. noah, simon." i motioned between the two and noah smirked at simon, while simon rolled his eyes.

"her boyfriend." simon scoffed.

"right, i have to run but i'll text you and we'll meet up soon." noah smiled to me, letting go of my hand and hugging me. "nice to meet you, simon."

simon nodded, waiting for noah to leave before he pounced, "what the fuck?"

"what's your problem, simon? you didn't have to be so rude." i sighed.

"you didn't have to act like you were fucking dating him."

"i didn't, simon. you know i wouldn't do that to you."

"yes you fucking were!" he raised his voice a little, causing some passers-by to glance at him, but he just gave them dirty looks. "you were holding hands and kept hugging. you didn't have to fucking rub it in so much."

"simon, i'm not having this argument in the middle of a shopping centre." i reasoned and he rolled his eyes, walking swiftly to the car as i followed him.

"would you like to explain yourself?"

"simon, i have nothing to fucking explain, for god's sake. am i not allowed to hug an old friend that i haven't seen in a while?" i sighed.

"well you didn't have to hold hands."

i scoffed, "simon, noah and i have been best friends since we were three. we've also held hands, just as friends, since we were three."

"really? sure." he said sarcastically.

"yes, simon. if i wanted to be with noah, i would be with noah, but obviously i don't, because i want to be with you." i said and he didn't reply so i rolled my eyes. "we argue too much over some fucking petty shit." i scoffed.

"oh, so now i'm petty?"

"i don't remember calling you petty." i said, "i'm just saying that we argue a lot over nothing."

"so how i feel, and being a little annoyed when you're all over another guy, no matter how long you've known him, is just nothing to you?"

"i never said that!" i exclaimed, frustrated, "stop twisting my words. you're fucking toxic."

"and you're fucking bitchy." simon spat, parking the car.

"i know." i smiled sarcastically as we began walking to the apartments, and luckily no one was around to hear our argument, "maybe this isn't working." i said quietly, the two of us silent for a while, the only sound being him taking a sharp intake of breath.