2.9

i pulled on my dress and walked into the living room, having already done my makeup, lydia having done my hair.

i picked up darcy and cuddled her, thanking lydia for looking after her whilst i was going to be at a friend of simon's party.

hearing a knock on the door, i gently placed her back down on the sofa, before opening the door to simon.

"bye, lyd, love you." i smiled and she mirrored my words, before i followed simon to his car.

"wait, who's party is it, again?" i asked.

"anna's. i don't know her that well, but she texted me asking if i wanted to come, and i asked if you could come." he lightly smiled at me and i smiled back.

i picked up simon's phone and he glanced over at me, slight panic in his eyes, it disappearing when i went to his snapchat and took a few selfies.

his phone buzzed, signalling a text, and i read it before i could stop myself.

anna:
is madison still coming? 😒😉xxx

i clicked onto the notification, it bringing up simon and anna's conversation, which was made up of a lot of kisses on her part and i scoffed, putting his phone down.

"anna texted you." i said bluntly and simon's eyes widened, flickering to see my reaction.

"oh." he mumbled, "what did it say?"

i rolled my eyes, "she wanted to know if i was coming with you. i don't have to, you know, if you want some special time with the birthday girl?"

"you don't always have to take the piss."

"fuck you." i grumbled, gratefully opening the door and stepping out when simon stopped the car.

i walked up to the house and entered, simon behind me, a short, pretty girl running up to us immediately, "hi, i'm anna." she smiled to me, before biting her lip as her gaze traveled to simon.

"aw, happy birthday for tomorrow, babe. thank you for inviting me." i smiled sarcastically and she hugged me, oblivious to my internal hatred of her.

she lead us to a table and simon and i sat down, anna sitting the other side of simon to me, and she brushed her leg against his.

"so, are you two together?" anna asked, looking to me.

"oh, no, we're not." i smiled and her face lit up as she looked longingly to simon.

i scoffed and stood up, walking away to find someone else i knew and talk to them.

for the next hour, anna pretty much dragged simon around everywhere she went, and i mainly hung out with harry, callum and some girls who seemed sweet.

when it reached a minute to midnight, anna squealed with excitement and hugged a few of her friends.

i giggled as simon sighed and began walking towards me, finally being free from anna, but he was stopped in his tracks when people began counting down to midnight.

10,

9,

"i want my birthday kiss." anna smirked, grabbing simon's hand and turning him to her.

5,

"i'm sure there are lots of boys willing." simon smirked to her and she pouted.

2,

"but i don't want it from just anyone."

anna leaned up and pressed her lips to simon's as the time turned midnight, simon's hands going to her waist as she held his face, pulling him closer to her.

i scoffed as his gaze immediately flickered to me when he pulled away, and i turned to cal, his eyes wide at the event we'd just witnessed.

"dick."

"shit." cal sighed.

"come here." i smirked, slipping my arms around his neck as i pulled him to dance with me as anna turned the music up and insisted on not letting simon leave her side, and despite his multiple jealous glares at callum, and apologetic looks at me, i continued to dance with callum, his hands low on my hips.