3.8

a week later

i blew my nose, chucking the tissue in the bin, before flopping back down in bed, exhausted from being up half of the night coughing.

"madi?" i heard lydia's voice from the other side of my closed bedroom door, "hun, you're going to be late." she peeked her head around, "oh, are you alright?" she asked softly, noticing my state.

"i kinda feel like shit." i whined.

"alright, well you get some rest. i'll tell miss you're ill. i hope you feel better." she gave me a gentle hug before hurrying out as i thanked her.

an hour later, there was a knock on my bedroom door and i mumbled, "come in."

simon's face appeared around the door, and he walked in, sitting on the side of my bed, next to my curled-up body.

"skiving, are we?" he winked playfully, and i smiled, knowing he was teasing. "are you alright, though?"

"i'll survive." i mumbled.

"i brought crisps, chocolate, tissues, pads, and myself." simon spoke with a fond smile, placing the items on the bedside-table, along with a bottle of water, as he took off his shoes and socks, then started to take his shirt off.

"thank you." i smiled, "you don't have to stay, though, i'll--"

"i'm staying." he cut me off with a grin.

"skiving, are we?" i winked, mocking what he said.

"you know it." he smirked, now just in his boxers, as he climbed into bed next to me.

"i don't want to make you ill." i frowned, my head resting on his chest as i pulled the covers even further up, over my ears.

i snuggled into him, "try and sleep, okay? i'm here if you need, don't worry about waking me if i'm asleep too, i'd prefer if you did, so i can look after you."

"alright, thank you." i mumbled and his arms loosely wrapped around my waist.

i woke up, and simon was asleep.

i smiled at his calm beauty, and gently got up, careful not to wake him, and popped to the toilet, grabbing the pads he'd brought, on the way.

i wandered into the kitchen and put the kettle on, shivering as i opened the fridge and got out the milk, bringing it over to the counter.

my back rested against the cold side, as i waited for the water to boil.

"babe?"

i looked up, as simon walked in and his eyebrows furrowed in concern.

"it's cold, go back to bed, i'll make the tea for you." he instructed, standing in front of me and pulling my front to his.

a smile appeared on my lips but i shook my head, "it's okay." i said, turning to pour the boiling water into two mugs.

"fine, but I'm keeping you warm." simon persisted, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind, his chin on my shoulder.

i took the mugs back into my bedroom, and lay on my front, propped up on my elbows, the hot drink in my hands, as simon did the same, next to me, though one of his arms went over my back.

"where did you get all the stuff from?" i wondered, regarding the items he'd brought me, "did you leave campus before coming here?"

"yeah." simon mumbled, "my first period was a free and i couldn't find you, so i asked lydia and she told me you weren't feeling well."

"oh." i spoke softly, "thank you, you didn't have to."

"i love you."

i looked up to my so-called 'bad boy', and a smile covered my lips.

most people would never expect him to actually have a girlfriend in the first place, let alone bring her a load of stuff when she's ill, skip class to look after her, cuddle her, and generally just be a kind, loving person, and boyfriend.

i felt glad to be loved by him, and to love him, and to finally be the one to actually get him, and be the only one able to calm him.

"i love you too." i said happily.

"you look at me like no-one else does." simon mumbled, "you look at me like i'm good, like you know i can do well in life. you look at me like you believe in and love me."

"all of that is true." i spoke softly, and saw a light blush creep up his cheeks, and his face displayed content.