•c h a p t e r 06•

Watching Luca walk out of my life made me feel sick to my stomach

Watching Luca walk out of my life made me feel sick to my stomach. He was in trouble and although it was daunting to think I might have brought home a murderer, I was really rooting for him.

That's a little messed up.

But my messed up moral compass isn't my biggest issue. The cops now have me on their radar and that's the last thing I need. If they see through my fake name, I'm in deep trouble.

I've spent a lot of time hiding from the world to let some small time cops mess my life up all over again.

Plus now I have Michael.

Speaking of, he should be back soon. I had given Michael a long list of liquor I expected him to buy. To be completely fair, he drank most of my bottles and will probably also drink most of these. When I look in my empty pantry, my stomach makes a hollow plea for sustenance and I'm suddenly super grateful I told him to pick up snacks, pre dinner snacks, dinner and after dinner snacks. That should hold me over at least until tomorrow.

An hour goes by quickly as I straighten my apartment back to its former glory; so basically there's still clothes on my couch and DVD cases on top of my ancient tv.

It's silent without Michael around, or the cops, but I'm missing the one man that said as many words as a sleeping baby. Luca is running away and all I can think of is him getting caught or being hurt but that's ridiculous. If he's half of what the cops said he is then he's more than capable of taking care of himself. Besides, I would be useless to him. I can't even walk straight without nearly dying.

I'm half way crouched to sit down when there's a knock at my door. I roll my eyes at the great timing- of course Michael can't have come back while I was pacing but waited for me to sit.

Then, for the second time in one night, I swing it open to someone I didn't expect.

"Luca, what are you doing here?"

He grabs my hand and signals for me to be quiet. Usually I'd argue but he pulled me out of my house to behind some bushes before I could open my mouth. The leaves scratch at my arms while Luca's chest pushes up against my backside. I feel his hips against my rear and something hard pressing on my back giving me goosebumps on my skin.

Great, I'm going to get murdered because I'm too lazy to look through the peephole.

"Why are we..."

"Shhh."

"Are you going to..."

"Shhh."

Irritated, I yank my arm out of his and and turn to face him with my finger pointed out accusingly. "You can't just go around dragging girls behind bushes like It's a normal thing to do!"