•c h a p t e r 30•

"I thought you had forgot about me

"I thought you had forgot about me."

Constance sits in the corner like royalty on her throne. Of course she is beautiful but why is she HERE? Now I have to live long enough to get her safely out. The mission just got much more complicated.

"Never." Handle closes the space between them and pulls her up from the chair. She looks from me to Handle and smiles wide at him.

"Oh!" She giggles.

Giggles!

Her dress is skin color and cut low making her look naked at a distance but, wow. Seeing her in it almost makes me forgive her for being here.

Almost.

"Would you be a dear and sit on my desk again? The same way you had before?" She nods and stumbles that direction with a nearly empty bottle of 90 proof whiskey in her hands.

This should be fun.

"Started the party already?" Don grabs the alcohol from her and studys the bottle. I don't know how much was in it last but even he seems surprised by how much she drank.

Constance hiccups and then covers her mouth like she embarrassed herself.

Yeah. We're going to die.

He gestures for me to sit on his sex couch. I do but on the very edge knowing it probably looks like a Jackson Pollock painting if put under a black light. Constance doesn't look back at me, instead is focused soly on Don.

"Samantha, this is an old friend of mine, Luca." Handle points in my direction. "Luca, this is Zaria's new understudy. Sure, she is a little rough around the edges but I'm betting she is also rough under the sheets and I'm fine with that." He runs his fingers over her already red cheeks.

Neither Samantha or I look at each other.

"I thought maybe we could have some fun like the old days. I don't even care which end you choose."

I watch as his hands pull her legs apart and rub her thigh. She doesn't fight him and she doesn't look away although her back is too straight for her to be truly relaxed. Handle lifts Constance's dress up to her hips and draws circles on her legs with his thumbs. She smiles and giggles her way through it but her hand is gripping the desk tightly.

My heart is hammering at my chest begging me to act but Handle is playing an angle. His hands may be on my girl but his eyes are on me.

"No thanks. I came here for help."

He drops his hand and releases her dress, letting it fall back down. She clumsily rests her hand on Handle's shoulder, missing a few times before actually landing it. Her legs are swinging like a little kids and her chocolate hair is swaying back and forth.

"Luca I can't help you, outside of sharing this meal with you," He nods towards Constance, "You know this. In fact I should have arrested you as soon as I saw you."