Epilogue

How is this fairytale my life?

I was abused and homeless. I was alone and scared. Now, I'm not any of those things; I'm loved and cared for. I feel like I'm living someone else's happy ending even though I figuratively had to trudge through the depths of hell to get here.

Sometimes I still have nightmares but they are few and far between. When they do happen, Luca fights them off; he's scarier than anything I could possibly dream of anyways.

And then yesterday he proposed. I had planned on telling him about the pregnancy but I couldn't, not while he was on his knee. Afterwards we spent the entire time with friends and later at home, we spent our time not talking. . . I'm such a *bawk* chicken. Part of me is terrified that I'll be a bad mother but mostly I'm scared Luca is going to become even more over protective than he already is. I don't think I can handle being waited on hand and foot for the better part of a year.

So here I am sitting and rubbing my stomach while I talk out loud about nothing in particular. Luca doesn't question me because I sometimes talk to myself anyways.

"-and if you're a girl don't ever expect to get married. You do not want to know what will happen when you kiss a boy, believe me."

"Whose kissing boys?" Luca pops his head into the room with a serious expression.

"Nobody apparently." I mumble to myself.

He struts through the doorway looking his usually mix of sexy and confident. His dark jeans hang just low enough for my mouth to water and his shirt fits just right making me want to peel it off of him. If I wasn't already pregnant, the way he is looking at me now would instantly fertilize my eggs.

"You alright babe?" He gathers his eyebrows in worry as he strokes my cheek.

"I'm fine. Why?"

"You've been holding your stomach all day. I know what we tried last night was, err, different but I didn't hurt you did I?" He scratches his head and I smile.

I can already feel the stress and worry he's going to put me through once he knows.

"I'm perfect. . . Actually I wanted to-"

The door bell chimes, cutting me off. I can hear the voices of our company as they enter our house even though nobody let them in. The twins and Michael are here for God knows what. When Nate called, he sounded excited but I never know how to take that. Those boys are the three musketeers; all equally getting into trouble- even sweet Nate can't control himself.

Michael comes into view first. He's nearly skipping with his hands behind his back and a ridiculous smile slapped on his face.

He's been working as a police officer for some time now and used his connections on the streets to occasionally help us out on missions. Luca swears he's useful even though I'm pretty sure we can do things on our own. I don't hate Michael but we're not as close as we used to be and that may never change but I'm trying.