•c h a p t e r 23•

"Scissors

"Scissors."

Her reply made my heart flutter. She has been through so much, much more than I have yet she found a way to still be an amazing person.

The person she used to be is long gone and probably has been since her baby was taken from her. She could have become a cruel, bitter person but she didn't. She took me in as a homely looking stranger and cleaned me up. She cared about me even with the littlest things like peeing in the open so I could sleep, buying toiletries for me even though it was princess' or over ordering breakfast so that I'll eat. Scissors could have been many things but the fact that she is still wonderful and caring tells me exactly what type of person she really is regardless of what name she goes by.

"Alright, Scissors. What now?"

She looks around almost like she forgot we were outside and she's only in a scampy shirt and heels. "All I need is the rundown on Donovan. Abasi took me to functions on occasion so I know how to act and how to fake it. I just need to know how Donny boy likes his women."

I still hate the idea of putting Scissors in a situation where she's alone with a man, especially now that I know what she's endured but if I told her that she'd for sure go in guns blazing.

"I'm sorry about having to bring Zaria into this. She really means nothing to me, you know."

"I know." Her fingers lovingly brush my still very bruise cheek.

"She's not you." I add and she blushes.

Scissors sees who I am and cares for me anyways. She looks past my scars and focuses on a part of me I didn't know I possessed until recently.

Gingerly, she pulls me towards her, placing a soft, longing kiss on my lips. My arms pull her frame against mine as I deepen our kiss, never letting it get wild. I want to show her how much I completely adore her, scars and all. With every stroke of my tongue and every caress of my lips, I pour my entire heart into our embrace making sure she feels every emotion my mouth doesn't know how to say.

"Ahh hem." I slowly detach my lips from Scissors' before turning around. Zaria is standing with her arms crossed obviously perturbed. "I am still charging you by the hour."

I look at Scissors who seems a little less heartbroken than before which is enough for me. "You ready baby?"

"Yeah."

***

Zaria had given Scissors the rundown of the type of 'John' Donovan is. He likes flirty, playful girls who worship the ground he walks on.