•c h a p t e r 26•

A/N: This chapter is for my very first follower for this book, lost287 Thank you for the support!!__________________

__________________

Three days.

It has been three days since Luca has said any words to me. He'll gesture, occasionally nod and grunt but not speak. The way he is acting reminds me of when we first met and I thought he spoke Spanish. Back then it was okay but now the silence is killing me.

I called the twins but he even refused to speak to them outside of waving his hands around and a few subtle nods.

That is why, as of two hours ago, I gave up trying to talk with him. Now we are sitting across from each other at a table in a diner in some small town I've never heard of before.

Luca never makes eye contact, never speaks and never shows emotion. It's like he's been replaced with a government issued robot.

Don't be ridiculous, everyone knows the government doesn't give out robots.

Right?

We eat with only the clanking of silverware between us. I push all crazy theories out and try to enjoy my food which is hard to do when the atmosphere between us is so thick. Slowly, I eat the burger in front of me, judging it's existence and comparing it to Larry's food back home. Larry's is better.

"Would you like the check?" The waitress asks as I shove the last bite in my mouth.

Luca nods.

I sigh.

After paying, we return back to the car. The past few days we've slept in his car wherever he felt like parking; a far cry from the fancy FBI bunker.

The only good thing that's come out of him not talking is that I get more time to look at him. The bruises left behind by the DeLeon Cartel are completely gone. His facial hair has grown out a bit but at least now he looks a lot cleaner than before. Luca is still so handsome but nothing compares to the smile that he's hiding from the world, from me.

He drives us around, what seems aimlessly, for a while before parking outside of an old warehouse.

"So this is how I'm going to die, huh?" I half joke.

He climbs out of the car and slams the door behind him leaving me in a state of frustration.

Do I follow? Do I stay?

I wouldn't normally question so many things but I find myself questioning everything. Does the way he tilt his head mean this, does the way he walks with his shoulders slightly hunched mean that? A few days ago he put me in the loop only to shove me out of it again.

All of my internal bantering stops when I see another car pull around the side of the building. Luca could be ambushed or hurt. Tossing my troublesome thoughts out the door, I walk into the building after Luca. He might infuriate me and make me question my sanity but I still care for the man that I know he is somewhere burried deep, deep, deeeeep inside.