•c h a p t e r 21•

Her fingers are gentle as she rubs away the goop she plastered on me

Her fingers are gentle as she rubs away the goop she plastered on me. She hasn't brought it up but she also hasn't stopped smiling like one of those creepy pumpkins.

I can't lie, going back was a good idea and it helped me get one step closer to my goal. Even if the number is disconnected, which it probably is, it's given me a piece of the puzzle. But I'll never ever speak of it again. Just thinking of how that guy was looking at me makes me feel queasy.

"So what now?" Scissors asks as she continues to cleans my face.

"For the time being I don't know what to do, not until the twins get back to me. Maybe the number will lead us somewhere, maybe not."

She hums to herself.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Just, whatever you have to say... Say it now because once we leave this bathroom, today doesn't exist."

She smiles, "I don't think I can ever forget today. You have great skin by the way and even though blonde isn't your color, that beige dress was made for you. You should have kept it for special occasions. Also it's totally your fault we got caught Mr Serial Killer."

"I know. I just got the bare necessities but I wasn't thinking about how it looked."

She finishes wiping me down and cracks her knuckles, probably because they're sore. I wait for her to tell me what a bad agent I am or pick on me for everything that Jimbo said or did but she doesn't. Scissors throws the towelettes away and clears her throat.

"So, I've been thinking, if you have someone inside the FBI willing to help you then maybe they could get you information that the twins can't."

I shrug, "Everyone there is loyal to the agency. Contacting someone would be too risky."

"What about someone who is also a risk taker." She takes the cap off my head and ruffles my hair, "There's always that one person who is unpredictable. If we can get them on our side, we might could get more needed information than what outside snooping can provide."

If anyone matches that description, it's the one guy I should probably never trust again. Plus getting to him won't be easy but, if he helps me out, it might be worth it.

"I know a guy but I doubt either of us will like it."

Scissors kisses my forehead and looks deep into my eyes, "What ever happens, I'll stand by you.... Lucy."