•c h a p t e r 34•

A/N: There are some serious themes in this chapter, however, It is not graphic

Proceed with caution.
________________

Time goes by much slower when you have no concept of it. It feels like I've been in this basement for a few weeks when it's really been five days and the only reason I know that is a guard let it slip.

Handle wants information about Luca that I don't have. Apparently he escaped their custody and hasn't been seen.

Good for him.

My first night here I didn't sleep at all as I was to busy getting slapped around. Of course Donovan wouldn't hit me himself, he has people for that kind of thing. He just asked me the same question a hundred different ways and thousands of times over.

"Where is he?"

"I don't know."

"Where would he go?"

"I don't know."

"Where is his safe house located?"

"I don't know."

"Well then what do you know?"

"About the same as you apparently."

Our talks went on and on until he was to tired to go on. Only then would he bring in the same men who were guarding the party with the snake tattoos. Donovan just couldn't bring himself to throw a punch but was very willing to order them.

Wimp.

The next day he stopped feeding me all together. I had begun to have some delusional hallucinations and talked in circles about everything and nothing. Most of them involved Luca saving me or giant plates of various foods. Regardless, every time I became lucid again, I was a little more numb to my situation than before.

On the third night, his goons kept me awake, refusing to let me sleep.

How he expected me to know anything was beyond me. I was locked in a dog cage in his wine cellar and still he insisted I was holding back.

I tried to be grateful for whatever little thing I could think of, which held me over for a while. Michael's alive, Luca's free and as long as Donovan is focused on me, things would stay that way. Knowing my ultimate fate bothered me. . . until it didn't.

At first I tried to be cheeky as my personality wouldn't let me be any other way but he didn't appreciate it. No matter how many times I told him the same thing, he was never satisfied.

"I. Do. Not. Know."

"If you did-"

"-Luca earned my loyalty for more reasons than you can give me to betray him."

"You will tell me where he is."

"I can't tell you what I don't know."

Though, to be fair, I have the same chance of knowing what he's up to here as I did when I was with him.