•c h a p t e r 51•

A/N: Did I say double update? I meant triple!***

***

It took a few hours but we manage to bring Holt into the building without any more encounters with little old ladies.

"How about thirty thousand dollars, my antique car and all my Pizza Hut coupons?" Holt continues to bargain but we've been mostly avoiding him.

"Pizza Hut?" Constance perks up and I sigh.

She has enough money of her own to buy the whole franchise if she wanted to but one mention of coupons and she's sold. Even if he is a terrorist.

"Love, I'll buy you all the pizza you want any time. No strings, drugs or bombs attached." I wink at her.

The elevator dings and we three step in. She's probably lost in thought about the next time she eats which is fine with me. Her silence gives me time to think about me, her and us.

After I recovered from DeLeon last year, we rebuilt the North side of the house. It looks brand new plus I added an extra room to that side of the house. I told Scissors it was for work related files and whatnot but I'm actually hoping to turn it into a nursery one day, although I haven't talked to her about it yet. I think she's enjoying what we have here and now.

When I reapplied to the FBI, they moved me from artifacts to intel and asset retrieval which saves lives not paintings. Nobody heard about Handle for four months after I was released from the hospital. His body was found floating in the ocean, apparently he had an accidental drowning. With DeLeon gone and his gang dismantled, the Kali Gang rose to the largest in Florida but that's not my department so not my problem.

Upon deciding she wanted to do my job, Constance had to bulk up some and get into a shape other than oval in order to pass the physical but she managed. She now sports muscle on her arms which is, in her own words, absolutely strange.

Scissors then used every paycheck she got the first eight months to open free salons and showers for the homeless around the country. Nobody is ever rejected and their clothes get cleaned while they do. Besides that she also opened a few women's shelters for those trafficked and abused. The government doesn't understand the fact that she gets zero money from the shelters unlike most others so It's a huge undertaking with lots of paperwork but she wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks to her, thousands have received care for their injuries and counseling for addiction. Fifty-one have found jobs and one hundred and seven women and children have been relocated from their unsafe or abusive homes all from her own money or donated funds.

She's amazing through and through- that's why today is so special.

The elevator doors open and our colleagues clap as we drag Holt in the room. There's a huge banner hanging above our shared space reading 'Congrats on hitting 100!'. Yeah, in one year, Scissors and I have taken down that many bad guys and ladies.