Part III

After I was done eating Natasha set up the guest bedroom. I kept assuring her I was okay with sleeping on the couch but she kept brushing that off.

Apparently I need a 'proper' bedroom. The black haired man-whom I later discovered was named William- kept opposing this as well.

He thought I would get the sheets dirty. I rolled my eyes at him. Seriously I just bathed.

"Alright honey the guest bedroom is ready. Bryan will wake you up tomorrow and I'll have a nice breakfast prepared."

I nod slowly, not really knowing what to say, and I crawl into the bed. Natasha looked at me sadly before turning the light off.

I heard her light footsteps trailing down the hall. I looked around me. Everything looked alright scarier in the dark. Especially when I was in a strangers house.

A weird environment. I noticed a coat hanger in the corner and almost flipped out because I thought it was my dad hiding in the shadows. Although I don't know how he'd find me here.

He probably thinks I'm dead or something. Hell I probably would be.

I kept trying to get to sleep but my mind kept wandering off the scary places. I kept thinking about my dad.

About Dallas who probably doesn't even think I'm alive to be honest. I'm surprised I still am though. When Dallas left I wasn't in great shape.

I was a small weak kid who could barely stand up in my own. Guess when he left I stopped depending on anybody. I had to start fending for myself.

I heard weird creaks throughout the house and it unnerved me something awful. I pulled the soft sheets up to my nose and tried to block out everything.

But it was impossible. I kept hearing this voice in my head.

He'll be back. It doesn't matter if you're in another state. He'll find you.

That scared me something awful. I didn't know what to do to help me fall asleep so I lied awake.

All night. As I have been every other night so far. I haven't really got a decent amount of sleep in years.

But these past few days I haven't got any. I was beyond tired. My eyelids were droopy and I had dark bags under my eyes. But no mater how hard I tried, something always scared me awake.

A few hours later

I was still awake and I noticed the sun peaking out from the clouds through the window. I sigh and sit up on the bed.

Good a time as any to wake up right now. They should wake up soon right? God I hope so.

Suddenly I heard shuffling around in the hallway and someone yawned. The yawn sounded feminine. Natasha was awake.

I slowly got out of bed and creeped down the hallway. A light was on in the kitchen and I walked over.

I saw Natasha standing in her bathrobe making coffee for everyone. I walked in and sat at the table behind her. She jumped slightly.

"What are you doing awake?"

"Woke up early." I lie. Natasha nods.

"Coffee?" She holds out a cup and I stare at it blankly.

"I've never had any before."

"You poor thing. Try some. It'll wake you up." She hands me the mug and I take a quiet sip. It was really hot.

I almost drop the cup. I fanned my tongue violently and Natasha chuckles. I knew it was hot. I just didn't think it'd be this hot.

"It's hot hun." She says. I nod slowly and take another sip. Carefully. It wasn't so bad. Nothing to go crazy about though.

"How about I start breakfast. The boys should be awake soon I guess." I nod slowly. Not really knowing if she was asking my approval or not.

She does right away and starts gathering things to cook.

"You can go to the living room and turn on the tv if you want." I nod slowly and get up from my chair. I make my way to the living room and sit on the couch.

I turn the tv on and quickly settle for a boring channel. I didn't feel like messing with the tv like I've already done with their valuable time.

I didn't really pay attention though. My mind was elsewhere and the tv was merrily background noise to my thoughts. None of them were good of course.

Suddenly I was snapped out of my thoughts by William slapping the remote down on the table. I jumped slightly and looked at him confused.

"Did you change the channel?" I violently shake my head no and he nods slowly.

"Good." He says coldly making his way to the kitchen. I could already smell whatever delicious food Natasha was making. It made my stomach rumble lowly.

Soon enough Bryan was the last one awake and he came in the living room and watched tv with me while he sipped at his coffee.

We were both silent until Natasha called us in for breakfast and I almost leapt for joy.

I've never eaten so much at one time before. Don't judge me.

I sat down at the table and Natasha put a plate of scrambled eggs and toast in front of me with a glass of orange juice.

I started eating happily and William looked at me disgusted. However I was too hungry to even bother to try to care at the moment.

When I was done with my food Bryan told me it was almost time for us to get going.

I nodded slowly and wiped my hands on my pants and made my way to the guest bedroom that had my stuff.

I changed quickly and threw my bag over my back and went back to the living room to see Bryan with a suitcase almost as big as me.

"See ya Natasha, William. Great seeing y'all again!" He yells out.

Natasha rushes out and gives Bryan a big hug. Then she looks at me before pulling me in for a tight hug.

"Take care sweetheart." She says.

"Thank you. For caring." I say quietly. It's amazing how much this woman has done for me. Even though she was a complete stranger. Natasha taught me, these is still some good left in the world.

I felt Bryan pull my elbow and I was being led out to his beige pick up truck. I got in the passengers side and Bryan got in the drivers. We put our luggage in between us and he started the engine.

We were driving all the way to Oklahoma?