Part XVI

I walked out of the house right behind Pony and Johnny.

I had the cigarette pressed between my lips. I could feel myself calming down with each hit I took.

"Wanna go to the park?" I shake my head.

"Let's go to the lot. I just wanna sit beside the fire and think about stuff if that's alright."

"Yeah. Sounds great." Pony says. He leads us to the lot and I go sit on the couch.

Pony and Johnny sit on either side of me but Pony gets up to start a fire.

"So what did you and Dally do today." Pony asks as he lights the fire.

"Swiped a few clothes. Went out to eat."

"Really? What'd ya swipe?"

"You'll see when I get the clothes back." I told him. He frowned slightly but nodded. When he got the fire lit he was back by my side.

I turned to Johnny. He's been awful quiet since I got back. Not a single word to me.

"Hey Johnny you feelin Alright?" I ask. He snaps out of whatever trance he was in and looks at me confused.

He took a little time to process my words before he responded.

"Oh. Yeah. Yeah. I'm alright. Why?"

"You've been real quiet."

"Shoot. Im always quiet." He smiles slightly and I nod.

"Yeah I guess you are."

"So what do ya wanna talk about?" Pony asks. I shrug.

"Let's not talk. Let me just enjoy being outside. Being with you two." I said softly. I felt my lids grow heavy and I leaned my head back on the head rest.

I felt the wind caress my face gently and the sound of the fire crackling made my chest feel tingly.

I felt something brush against my hand but I ignore it. I hear the soft breathing of the two boys beside me. I bring my feet up to my chest and fall asleep. Today has been tiring.

*****

JOHNNY POV

*****

Vixen was so pretty when she slept. Despite the bruises she had all over her.

I sigh slightly. Just watching her breathing slowly. She had brought her legs up to her chest. Probably to be more comfortable.

I look over at Pony who was just looking up at the sky.

"Hey Pone." I whisper. He looks over at me and cocks an eyebrow.

"Yeah?"

"Don't she look pretty in her sleep?" I ask. Ponyboy looks over at Vixen who now had a hand over her eyes to block out the sun and he shrugs.

"I guess so." He replies. I nod slowly a blush takin over my face. Good thing with my skin you can't see it.

"Yeah." I said quietly. Pony looked back up at the sky.

I don't really understand how I'm feeling about Vixen. It's like, from the second I met her I just felt attached.

That day she told me what her dad did to her took a lot of courage. But she trusted me, a complete stranger, enough to tell me.

Vixen stirred slightly and she started slipping down in the seat. She landed softly on my lap and she stretched her legs over onto Pony's.

He looked down confused.

"She asleep?" He asks. I chuckle slightly.

"Yeah Pone." He nods slowly then looks up. I look down at Vixen sleeping peacefully in my lap.

I sigh and take off my jacket. It was getting hot staying in one place with the sun right over head.

I bunch it up and put it behind my head so I can rest comfortably. My eyes were heavy and I managed to get one look at Pony before I fell asleep.

He was asleep as well.

*****

VIXEN POV

*****

"Hey kids. Wake up." I slowly opened my eyes to see Two Bit standing over me.

"Mm?" I mumble as I sit up. I notice that I was sprawled out on the couch using Johnny's legs as a pillow and Ponyboy was on the ground.

I looked up at Johnny to see him sleeping peacefully.

"Hey wake up. We gotta get to the movie soon." Two Bit whispers. I slowly raise up accidentally kicking Pony in the stomach.

He woke up quickly.

"What was that for?" He asks shielding his eyes from the sun.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." I tell him. Pony sits up and notices Two Bit.

"Hey Two Bit. Is Darry lookin for me?"

"Naw kid. It's almost time to go see the movie." I looked around. It wasn't dark yet though. Yeah sure it was darker than earlier it wasn't dark enough to see a movie.

"Wake up Johnny and let's go." Pony nods and starts shaking Johnny awake. Johnny opened his eyes startled.

"What is it man?" He asks.

"Time to go to the movie." Pony mumbles standing up. Johnny stands up as well and I lift my arm out for help.

My legs were somehow asleep and it felt weird to move them.

Johnny helped me up and we walked behind Two Bit in silence. I yawned several times. We stopped at the Curtis house.

I saw Dally leaning against the door.

"They ready?" He asks. Two Bit nods and Dally hops the fence and joins us walking.

We passed the DX and Steve lent us some money. We passed a few stores that Dally and Two Bit looked inside the windows to see what they sell. We passed the Dingo which had yet another fight going on.

Then we made it to a patch of grass. A few dogs were playing and I squealed.

"Puppy!" I yelled causing the dogs to look up surprised.

"Vix those ain't puppies." Two Bit says. I turn around and slap his arm.

"Shhh they can hear you." He rubs his arm and looks at me as if I was crazy. I squat down and put my hand out.

"Any of you make a sound I'll kill you." I whispered. I clapped lightly and talked softly.

The dogs came over cautiously.

One came right up to me and let me pet it.

"Oh my god I need it." I whispered.

"No Vix. You can't have a dog. Let's go." Dally says. He grabbed my arm and pulls me up. I wince in pain but let him drag me along.

I look back at the dog who let me touch it. He whimpered slightly and attempted to follow us but Two Bit scared him off.

I pouted slightly.

Soon we came across a fence that had a hole in it. It was dark by now.

"Crawl through." Dally said. I looked at him confused. Two Bit went under then Pony and Johnny followed.

"Crawl through Vix." I slowly get down onto my knees and sink down and crawl through the little hole.

I hurt my knees and my back crawling through but once I was on the other side I was brought to my feet by Two Bit.

Dally crawled through behind me and we walked on. Soon we came across a bunch of cars parked in front of a big screen. Did we just sneak in?

We weaved through the cars until we came to a bunch of rows of chairs. We hopped over the divider and sat in the front row.