Part XX

Our lips seemingly molded together perfectly. I felt fireworks in my stomach. His hands rested carefully on my back.

His lips were surprisingly warm and soft despite how beat up he was.

I knew he was blushing by how hot his cheeks have gotten.

I started to get impatient.

I tugged at the hem of his shirt attempting to get it off but Johnny pulled away slightly.

Panting. His lips were slightly swollen and parted. He looked into my eyes.

"No Vixen. Even if you do mean this. Not while you're drunk." He whispers. My clouded mind pouted but part of me knew he was right.

I nodded slowly.

I pulled him in for another kiss and our lips barely touched when Johnny was pulling away again.

"What's wrong?" I whispered. Johnny shook his head.

"You're drunk."

"But I want this Johnny. Please just kiss me."

"No. I can't. Listen Vixen I like you a lot Alright? But I am not going to do something you might regret in the morning."

"Johnny I won't regret this. I told you how I felt." I told him.

"You did. And maybe that wasn't supposed to happen. So until your sober self can tell me how you really feel, then I'm not going to do anything." Johnny says.

I nod slowly seeing how serious he was. Johnny let's me go and returns to his side of the bed.

And for once I go to my own.

I fell asleep soon after that.

*****

JOHNNY POV

*****

It took a lot for me to push her away. I've wanted to be with her since I first saw her.

Now here she was throwing herself at me. But she was drunk. There is no way I could have felt right about anything that happened. Including kissing her.

I looked over at her. She was fast asleep.

She looked so beautiful.

I leaned over and pressed a soft kiss to her cheek. She smiled slightly and turned over. I went back to my side.

I was just fine until now. I did good not showing how I felt. Then all of a sudden she gets drunk and kisses me.

*****

MORNING

*****

VIXEN POV

*****

I woke up with a brain splitting headache.

I groan and roll over to prevent the light from hitting my eyes and stuffed my pounding head under my pillow.

"Hey Darry!" Someone yells from the living room and I groan quietly.

Everything seemed super loud at the moment and I didn't like it one bit.

I can't remember a single thing that happened last night other than getting to the bar.

Suddenly I felt someone yank my cover off then I feel myself being dragged to the end of the bed.

"Wakey wakey!" Someone yells. I cover my ears and groan.

"Shut up! I have a huge headache." Guess this is a downside of drinking.

"Poor baby has her first hang over." I realized this was Two Bit. Figures.

"Please hush." I whisper not even bothering to open my eyes.

"Hmmmm nope. Guys Vixen has a hang over!" He yells and I try kicking him but he held my feet firmly.

Suddenly I hear loud running and suddenly I feel as though I'm being surrounded.

"Let me go!" I yell despite my headache. I started thrashing around quickly. Two Bit held me steady. I pictured my dad holding me down to beat me and I lost it.

"Let me go!" I screamed again. My headache only getting worse.

Suddenly I feel someone pry Two Bits hands off me and I stop thrashing and catch my breath.

"Vixen are you alright?" Someone asks. I slowly open my eyes to see Darry in front of me. The gang behind him.

"No I'm not alright. When I say let go I fucking mean it!" I yell wincing at my head. Two Bit looked sorry.

"None of you know the fucking pain I went through for years." I tell them.

"What do you mean?" Steve asks.

"Nothing." I tell them. I tell them all to leave then get back under the covers and shoving my head underneath my pillow.

I felt my pulse going through my brain and I closed my eyes tightly trying to get it to go away but it didn't help.

Suddenly I hear my door open and footsteps walking cautiously towards me.

"Hey. I brought you some pills for your headache and a glass of water." It was Johnny. He was talking quietly and slowly as if approaching a wild animal.

I slowly sat up and squinted my eyes. Johnny was looking at the floor. I took the pill and water and downed them both.

"You don't remember nothing that happened last night huh?" He asks still looking at the ground. I shake my head slowly.

"No. What did I do? Nothing to embarrassing I hope." I joke slightly. Johnny smiles.

"Not really. Most of the night Pony and I spent looking for you. Dally found us and asked where you were. Got mad when we said we didn't know."

"Dally was there?" Johnny nods.

"Made us sit outside while he found you. Came back later with you. You started yelling at him then Darry pulled up. On the ride home you got hot and climbed out the window." Johnny smiles at this.

"What did we argue about?" He shrugs.

"Didn't catch it all. Something about him being like your dad." I gasp quietly. I said that? Dally must be pissed.

"When we got home Pony and me put you in bed. When I got in with you, you kind of... confessed... things." My eyes widen.

"What things?" I ask.

"You said you had feelings for me and you really liked me. Then we- we kissed." I blushed furiously.

"Johnny I am so sorry-"

"Don't be. It was nice. But you tried taking off my shirt and I stopped you. I told you if you wanted anything to happen you'd tell me how you felt sober." He continues.

"Oh." Was all I managed to say. I cannot believe I confessed that I liked Johnny. Who knows what would have happened if he was anyone else.

"So how do you feel?"

"I-"

I was cut off by a banging at the door. And someone yelling. Who sounded awfully familiar.

I heard screaming and yelling and thrashing. Then stomps coming down the hall.

I heard doors being burst open and I looked at Johnny who was terrified. Oh no.

Suddenly my door was burst open, and in walks my dad. His face was purple with anger and his fists were shaking violently.

I gulped and a single tear left my eye.