Bonus VIII: Run away III

I woke up the next morning with Navy shaking me. I bolted upright. Immediately a delicious smell wafted through my nostrils.

"My mommy cooked you a special breakfast." She says happily. My stomach growls and I get up and walk to the kitchen where the other girlfriend were already seated.

Bryan and Betty were sitting beside each other.

"Sorry I kept you waiting." I tell them shyly taking a seat next to Navy.

"It's alright dear. I made you something u used to crave when I was pregnant with Austyn." She says.

A little boy smiles and I assumed that was Austyn. He looked youngest perhaps.

Betty gave me a plate of pancakes with chocolate syrup and a side of pickles. I look at her confused.

"It's great trust me." I nod slowly and start eating. My stomach growled happily.

"Mommy I felt her baby last night." Navy brags.

"That's nice sweetheart."

"What'd it feel like?"

"Did you really?"

"Was it gross?" The others kept shooting out questions and Navy answered them proudly.

After breakfast I helped Betty with the dishes and Bryan walked me out to his truck.

"Okay. So Betty made you some snacks for the road. I hope you don't mind if I eat some as well." I laughed at Bryan's words and he ruffled my hair before getting in the truck.

I get in after him and he drives off.

It didn't take long before we were in the city. I watched as people came in and out of shops. Greasers fought each other. Etc.

"Isn't that your brother?" Bryan asks slowing down. I look out the window to see Dallas rampaging the street. Turning over trash cans.

Holding strangers by their shirts and yelling in their faces. I saw Johnny and Pony following behind him worriedly.

I rolled down my window slightly to hear him.

"Where the hell is my sister! Seriously Johnny you don't know!"

"No man. I swear. She came by the shop yesterday. She seemed sad or something. Kept telling me she loved me." Johnny was on the verge of tears and I forced myself to look away.

I rolled my window up quickly and sank down in my seat. But it was to late. Dallas saw me.

"Step on it." I say to Bryan when Dallas starts coming up to the car. Bryan slams on the gas and we speed off.

"Wait! Vixen come back!" I hear Dally's screams. Tears all down my face.

"It's for the best." I whisper to no one.

When we were well away from Dally Bryan slowed down. He offered me snacks but I declined them and kept my head on the window.

*****

JOHNNY

*****

The day before

*****

I had just got off work. Darry came to pick the three of us up. We all piled in the truck and he took us home.

When we got there I jumped out, excited to see Vixen after she left so abruptly earlier. I ran into the house and into our room. She wasn't there and her drawers were open and some clothes were missing.

I ran out and saw Darry and Soda on the couch talking.

"Vixens not here." I say almost questioning.

"What? Where is she?"

"I don't know. Some of her clothes are missing." I say.

"What?" Darry stands up and we go back to the room. Darry examines the room and saw the clothes missing.

"Guys she left a note!" Soda yells from the kitchen. We run out and go to the kitchen to see Soda holding a piece of paper.

I took it quickly and read it slow.

Dear gang.

It's Vixen. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine. I had to leave for a while to clear my head of some things. I'll be back when I'm ready.
Until then.

I love you guys.

"Clear her head? Of what?" Darry asks.

"I don't know."

"She was acting weird earlier. Like she was sad." Soda says. I nod slowly remembering how odd she'd been acting. She's been acting weird for months now though.

"God. Where could she go?" I ask no one in particular.

"She said don't worry about her."

"Don't worry about her? What the hell? That is my girlfriend. The only person who makes me not want to kill myself. She's gone! And I don't even know if she'll come back!" I ell. Tears streaming down my face.

"Calm down Johnny. She'll be okay. She's tuff." Soda pulls me in for a hug and I sob into his shoulder.

"It's gonna be alright." Soda whispers. Suddenly the door slams. Ponyboy was home.

"Hey guys. What's wrong with Johnny?"

"Vixen ran away." Soda replies. I hear Ponys bag drop.

"What? Why? Where?"

"Don't know. She left this note but it don't say much."

Darry gave Pony the note and he reads it. I pull away from Sodas embrace.

"Dally's gonna be pissed. How could you let her leave!" Pony yells throwing the letter down.

"If I'd had known she planned on running away I wouldn't have let her go!" I yell.

"What's all the yelling in here about!" Someone yells from the living room. We all look out and see none other than Dallas.

"Hey Dal. Thought you were in the cooler." Soda says Cooley.

"My time was up. Nobody was there to pick me up so I had to walk. Where's Vix?"

Everyone looks at me expectantly. How the hell do I tell Dallas that his sister ran away. Was it even because of me.

"Johnny? Where is she man?"

"S-she ran away."

Suddenly his eyes go dark.

"What?"

"She ran away. She left a note." I say handing him the note Pony had dropped.

"What the hell did you do Johnny!"  I shrink back. Tears falling from my eyes.

"Nothing Dally I swear. I had no idea what she was planning."

"You let my baby sister run away?"

"Is not like he knew Dally!" Darry yells.

"This is all your fault kid. I'm gonna kill you."

I was a sobbing mess. Dally lunges forward. Pony, Darry, and Soda manage to stop him just in time."

•••••

Hey guys!!! Thanks for reading this bonus. I'm so glad so many people have read this book but let me tell you, I never expected to get 4000 reads so thanks guys!!!!!

Also I'm writing a Dallas Winston story so I hope you guys will read that when I publish it.

Don't forget I also have 3 other books published, and I have more bonus chapters ready to publish when I feel like it.

Anyways thanks again for reading.

I really hope you guys like the book

:3