Part VII

I walked out of the bathroom and just tied my previous shirt around my waist and attempted to cover up my arms with my arms. See how that might be a problem?

When I walked into the living room the hushed whispers ceased and all eyes were on me. Dally looked over me and his eyes softened.

Guess he didn't really pay attention last night.

As for the other guys they were looking at me sadly as well. They all noticed my bruises and I was starting to feel uncomfortable.

I looked away from them and stood awkwardly in a corner avoiding everyone's gaze.

Someone cleared their throat and I looked up slowly.

"So uh, Vixen was it, you like Mickey Mouse?" It was Two Bit who asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I haven't been able to watch a lot of tv growing up." I respond quietly. Dally motions for me to come over and I did.

I sat between him and Two Bit on the couch. Johnny's eyes followed as I did so and I looked away.

"I think you'll like it." Two Bit says putting his arm around me. I sat there awkwardly not fully letting myself rest on his chest.

It was painful actually. I looked around and saw everyone's eyes fixed on the tv. I honestly don't really see the appeal but I didn't wanna say that to them.

"Come on relax a little baby Winston." Two Bit says noticing I was straining against his arm holding me down.

"I-I don't like being held where I can't get up."

"Shoot kid you can get up anytime you want." Two Bit counters.

"P-please let me up then." Two Bit obliges and lets me and I spring up quickly.

"You Alright?" Dally asks. I nod slowly and hug myself tightly.

"It's okay. Nobody's gonna hurt you no more." Dally put his arms around me and pulled me to lay on his chest.

I leaned my head down and felt my eyes close. I heard some hushed whispers but didn't even try to understand.

I fell asleep because a while later I was being shaken awake. The person had touched a bruise on my arm and I whimpered slightly while opening my eyes.

The person pulled away immediately.

"Sorry kid. Dally wants you to wake up. He left earlier but he said make sure your awake so he can take you home." Two Bit says.

I sit up slowly and wipe my eyes. Sodapop and Steve were here and I wondered how long I was asleep.

"Well good morning Missy. Good to see your beautiful face again." Steve says. I blush slightly look around.

Dally was nowhere to be seen and someone had put a cover around me.

"What do y'all want for dinner?" A man walks in from the kitchen I'm guessing. I didn't recognize him.

He looked older than the rest. Hard stare. Very muscular though.

"Oh, the girls awake." He says when he notices me. I shrink away from him as he approaches me. However he didn't come to close.

He stopped a few inches in front of my legs and squatted down to my level.

"Hi. I'm Darry. I've been informed you are ol Dally's sister is that right?" He asks softly. Not like how he talked to the boys.

I nod slowly and pull my feet up to my chest. I wanted Dally.

"It's alright. I ain't gonna hurt ya. Do you want somethin to eat?" He asks. I nod slowly.

"Great. How's steak and potatoes sound?" I shrug my shoulders.

"What's your name kiddo?" Darry asks.

"Vixen." I reply. He nods slowly.

"Well Vixen, I'll fix up your steak and potatoes and put on a movie. How does that sound?"

"O-okay." I respond. Darry stands up and goes over to the tv and turns off the channel. He puts in a movie and goes to the kitchen.

"Darry that ain't fair. You never treat us like that." Two Bit whined.

"That girl in there needs to feel welcomed. She's scared and her brother left while she was sleeping. Maybe if you were her or Johnny I'd go easier on you." Darry attempted to whisper but I heard it.

Two Bit came out with his shoulders slumped and his hands in his pockets. He quickly jollied up though. A big smile plastered on his face.

"I'm gonna go Bucks and get hammered man. Don't wait up." Two Bit called. He was out the door in a flash.

What did he mean if he was me or Johnny? What happened to Johnny that makes everyone treat him differently.

The scar.

I looked over to the ground to see Johnny picking stuff off his shoes. He was looking down. He looked like a puppy. One who had been kicked to many times.

But by who?

Ponyboy was a little distance away from Johnny watching the movie intently. Sodapop and Steve were playing cards at the table.

I slowly put my feet back on the ground and tried to focus on the tv. But my attention was faced at Johnny.

I wanted to know more about him. Why he never talked. Why he looked so scared in the short time I've known him.

Johnny suddenly looked up and caught me staring. He turned away quickly and I could make out a slight redness to his tanned skin.

I didn't stop staring just cause Johnny had caught me. I wanted to try and figure out this story without actually talking to him.

After a while I gave it a rest. I couldn't think of anything. So I just started watching the movie. I didn't really know what it was about.

I still didn't pay attention. I could see out the corner of my eye that Johnny was looking at me. But I didn't turn to face him.

Let him try to figure out my story. I doubt Dally told any body about the old man considering he didn't tell no one about me.

I brought the blanket up to my nose feeling it immediately warm me.

Darry called us for dinner shortly after. He had Ponyboy bring my plate to me as I was about to get up and join them.

I stopped him before he could go back. I had a burning question on my mind.