Part XVII

I didn't really pay attention to the movie. It was a boring beach movie. Apparently they play all the time around here.

Instead I focused on everyone around me. I saw two people get into a fight near the cars, some girl and her boyfriend making out, people going to get popcorn, and Johnny.

Johnny was busy looking at everyone as well. He looked wary.

"You okay Johnny?" I whispered. He jumped slightly and looked at me.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just watching." He said. I nod slowly.

"Me too I'm awful hungry." I whispered after feeling my stomach growl.

"Yeah me too. Want some popcorn?" I nod slowly.

"I'll be right back. Vixen wants some popcorn." Johnny stands up.

"Get us some too." Two Bit says handin Johnny some money.

"I'll help." I say standin up. Johnny nods and we go up to the concession stand.

The line was real long.

Johnny and Me stood silent until we got halfway through the line. When he turned to me.

"You look real pretty you know that." I blush and I noticed Johnny did too.

"Shoot Johnnycake, I'm covered in bruises. How can I be pretty?" I asked. He shrugs slightly.

"Don't know but you just are." I smile slightly and he returned it. My heart was beating rapidly.

Soon we made it to the front of the line and we filled up a few cups with popcorn. We even got a few drinks to take back.

Johnny was carrying the drinks and I carried the popcorn all the way back to our seats and we handed it to everyone.

They took it graciously and thanked us. Johnny and me sat down side by side and ate our popcorn.

Now the only thing I focused on was how heavy Johnny was breathing beside me. Suddenly I felt something on my hand again and I looked down to see Johnny's big hand was on top of my small one.

I blush slightly.

"Sorry." He says pulling it away. He blushed furiously. For some reason I felt as though he meant to do that.

The movie ended some time later. I was tired and it was dark as hell. Dally led us out of the drive in and down the sidewalk.

I felt my eyelids droop as I was walking and I stumbled slightly because I was so tired.

"You Alright back there?" I hear Dally ask.

"Yeah, just tired." I tell him. I yawn as if to prove my point.

"Come here." Dally says. He stops and I walk over to him. The guys stop too. He holds his arms out and I walk into them and wrap my arms around him.

I felt him lift me off my feet and suddenly I'm being carried.

"Ain't She to big to be carried?" I heard Two Bit ask.

"Nah. She's light." Dally says sadly. I rest my head on his shoulder and fall asleep.

*****