Chapter 1

Please comment as much as you like on these chapters and tell me what you think as the story continues.

Edited

ALARM CLOCK BLARES.

I know that I need to get up, but I just can't bring my body to proceed. So, I moan and toss my blanket over my face, as the alarm continues to blare.

"Naomi! Get up before you're late." I heard my mom yell from the hallway.

I really didn't care if I was late or not. River Valley North isn't even my school, nor is this bizarre town crowded with strange people my home.

All I want to do is go back on the other side of the tracks to my friends and my school.

"Naomi Satchel!!" my mother yells with authority in her voice as she comes surging in my room.

"Yes?" I dragged out as I remain positioned with my covers over my face. 

"I said get your ass up now." She yells as she pulls my covers back.

"You have half an hour left before your first-period starts and you better not be late," she urges.

"Mom, this isn't my school. This isn't my home. I don't want to go." I said as I sat up with my arms folded across my chest poking my bottom lip out.

"I want to go home." I whined like a child and she just stands there glaring down at me as to say, "That ain't gone work.'

I haven't even been here in Virginia Beach that long and I already resent EVERYTHING about it. It's just not what I'm used to. I'm from a small town in Texas called Alpine. And out there in Alpine, there isn't a bunch of wealthy people walking around believing that they are better than the less fortunate.

I have nobody to blame though for this but me. If I would've never fallen in love with a woman beater named Christian, I wouldn't even be here right now with a mother I barely even remember.

I'm on the run from a nigga I have a restraining order on. Why can't boys take the hint and be gone?

Well, at least that's what I tell everybody who asks why I moved from my old town so late into the semester.

I'm really a double-agent running from people I have never met a day in my life. They just want me dead because of who my real parents are. My real parents always were being compared to James Bond and his misses.

I don't think James Bond had a misses. If he did it was definitely my mom. I don't remember much about my birth parents I just know they sent me over here to the states for protection in 'Elite8's' American headquarters.

I mean I have pictures of my birth parents that I keep in this Lockett that I'm never allowed to take off. And I have scheduled skype videos every other Friday only on the computers that are located inside of the headquarters in Norfolk. Because those computers can not be hacked and data can not be encrypted on those computers. 

I've been over here in the states since I was about 8-years-old and I've assumed the name of ten different people: Hailey Rain, Yolanda Tanner, Taylor Hopkins, Emory Field, Finley Washington, Harper Collins, Sunday Parker, Denise Denmark, Ursula Payne and now Naomi Satchel.

I have been housed in Chicago, Alpine, Houston, California, New York, Hawaii, Minnesota, Phoenix, Georgia. I left some of my previous homes because my parents were either killed trying to protect me or they were kicked out of the organization because they weren't up to date with their missions.

I left my previous home in Alpine for a different reason which is why the organization handles this move differently. They allowed me to keep the name Naomi Satchel and they had me to move out here with the ex-wife of my previous agent father.

But when I was in Alpine, Texas, with my-- my play mom, Kelenna's ex-husband, Aaron Satchel, I'm the reason why I got separated from him. I fell in love with the mission way more than I should've... way more than I intended to do so. That mission's name was Christian.

Christian, like me, is also a double-agent. He just works with my black ops enemies "black swan".

My mission was to get to know him and pretend to like him fall in love with him in order to see what he knew about operation K.I.L.L.S that "black swan" but he knew nothing. Well, at least that's what he told me and I disclosed to him that I knew nothing about it either. Yes, like a fool I told him who I really was and he did the same thing to me. He said he was in love with me and was done doing his agency's dirty work. I agree because I was done too.

We both agreed to go back to our place and pack a bag so that we could run away together. But except when I got back home everything was in ruins including Aaron. When I went back to Christian and my usual spot he was nowhere to be found and his home were completely emptied.

Yeah. I fucked up big time. The only reason I'm not dead is that my daddy runs the organization.

"Look, I know things here are a lot different here for you than what you were accustomed to in Alpine," she says, empathy noticeable in her tone. "And I know that you don't necessarily like to follow the rules and regulations but it's what you have to do because if you don't..." she steps closer to me her face contorted with despise. "I made a stupid ass mistake like the one you made last time, I will take you out my damn self. I don't give a Damn. I will not allow you to destroy with your father and mother had built, do you got that?" She snapped.

I nodded my head excessively.

"Good." She smiled. "I made breakfast for you. It'll be in the microwave for you when you're finished."

"Thank you," I said gratefully faking a smile as she exited the room.

Once she was out of the room, I wiped the sweat from all the nerves off my forehead. I pulled the Lockett from under my pillow and opened it to see the picture that was taken of my mom, dad, and me the exact same day that we lost my mom. 

I pulled the navy blue plaid skirt and white dress shirt that was hanging on a hanger from my closet. I walked over to my dresser to grab a baby blue plaid bow-tie to match my skirt. I also throughout some white knee-high socks. And my all-black dress shoes

I took a shower last night so all I had to do was do a quick wash-up and I could still make it on time for school.

Once out of the shower, I put on my clothes and quickly tossed a pack of paper, four notebooks, a composition titled, and a case of pens and pencils into my bag.

I pulled my bonnet off my head allowing my braids to fall down my back. I slipped on my all-black dress shoes that I am required to wear at my new school. I headed out of the door grabbing my keys from the key rack that sat above my dresser.