Chapter 6

*Edited

"Christian, what are you doing here? " I blurted as I raised to my feet.

"Christian? As in your ex Christian." I nod my head yes.

"I'm not her ex. So, mind your business." he snaps.

"Well, excuse me." Kayleigh scoffed.

"Yeah. I know." he snaps again as his eyes remain glued on mines.

Anger flows through my body as I try my hardest to keep my cool in front of all of these people.

"I don't know who the hell you think you are coming in here talking to my friend crazy," I said through my teeth. "But you need to leave, now!"

"I'm not leaving until I talk to you." I almost forgot how stubborn he could be.

"I'm not going anywhere with you."

"Well, I'm not going anywhere." he pouted his lips and stomped his feet down like a child.

Ugh, what did I ever see in him aside from his good looks?

"What is there to talk about? We're done! Over! Separated! No more! How many times am I going to have to say the same thing but in different words for you to get it?!" I snapped. "I.don't.like.you." I spoke slowly.

"I don't like you either!"

"Good." I turned away to take my seat next to Kayleigh before he grabbed my wrist strongly pulling me into him.

He then talked to where only I can hear him noticing that people were starting to stare.

"Stop acting like a bitch and just come out and discuss this like the grown women you so claim to be."

"First of all, I pointed my finger at his face, don't you ever fix your lips to call me a bitch again because I can show you, bitch. And for two,  you're the one who needs to pull your pants up and lose this bitchy attitude that you've had since birth you-"

I was interrupted by his hand going across my face leaving a sting and burn sensation to follow.

I didn't know what else to except cry and hold my burning face as I stare at him with disbelief. I don't know why I was such in shock that he put a hand on me because back in Texas he was a crazy son of a bitch, just not like the crazy that I see now in front of me. 

Before I could get any words out or react, Amari came out of nowhere and tackled him putting him on his back.

"Amari!" Kayleigh and I gasped as we watch Christian lay defenseless against Amari as Amari don't give him any breathing room by sending blow after blow to his face.

Christian's just lying on the floor curled up in a ball on the floor with hid face covered. All you could hear Amari saying is "That's a female bro. Fuck is wrong with you huh?"

I see blood leaking from his nose and everything around me suddenly started to move in slow motion as I felt my chest cave in and I breathe heavy and unable to pace.

I clasp my chest back as I tumbled back into the table. Kayleigh says something to me, but I can't hear her. The store manager says something but I can't hear him, everything is a blur to me at the moment.

I needed to slow my heart rate down. So I took in sharp deep breathes, breathing in and out until I was able to control it. 

"Hey!" The boss yelled at me getting my attention.

"Are these your boyfriends?" he asks.

"Uh, no they are not."

"Well, they are fighting over you right?"

"Uh, Yes."

"Well, make it stop before I call the cops, they're scaring my customers and breaking all of my stuff."

"Okay."

"That means now." He snaps his fingers when seeing that I wasn't moving.

I run over there struggling to separate the two apart.

"No. I got it."

I pulled Amari away from since he seems to be the aggressor in this altercation.

"Stop. Amari. Stop. Please!" I begged him.

I went over to check on Christian and it looks like Amari hit him so hard that he put him to sleep.

"Is he okay?" Kayleigh asks as she has her arms wrapped around him firmly.

"Yeah. He just hit him so hard that he put him to sleep. He should be up any minute now."

Two minutes had gone passed and he was still out. Murmurs started to scatter around the room between customers as they stand around looking at the scene that has gone on in front of them.

"Are you sure he's breathing?" One of the customers ask.

"He looks dead to me." Another customer says.

"He's not-" I began to say as I checked his pulse but I immediately stopped talking as I wasn't getting a pulse.

"Oh my gosh!" I exclaimed! "He's not breathing!"

OMG's and shocking looks scattered all over the room.

I unbutton his shirt and started performing CPR. I learned how to do CPR during my training. I never had to perform one outside of the headquarters walls until today. So, I was a little over the edge.

"Somebody call 911!" I shouted.

"I got it!"

"No. You get out of here!" I gave him the evil eye.

"Can someone else call them please?" I added. 

"Naomi, I'm -"

"Sorry? Yeah, I know. You should be."

"I was just trying to-"

"Help?"

"Yeah."

"I know but your help wasn't needed. So just go. I don't want to have to tell the cops who did this. I-I really don't, but I will if I have to."  Tears welled in my eyes.

"Okay. I understand." He said as he exited the restaurant with a hug or kiss goodbye.

"Damn, Naomi! Cut the boy some slack. He's had a rough life." Kayleigh said as she followed Amari out of the exit as I continued to perform CPR on Christian.

"Please, Christian. Please don't die on me!" I cried.

"Your one son-of-a-bitch but I love you. I know I'm such a fool for you still loving you but I do. I can't help it. Just please please don't die."

I can hear the ambulance in the distance as a tear trickle from my eye and lands on Christian's cheek.