Chapter 23

Kayleigh's POV

I slam the door shut behind me as I exact the room. I can feel my body burning from inside out. Like how dare he talk to my mother and my father like that. I'd go back in there and wipe that smug look off of his face that he had plastered on his face when we exit the room. My mother and I must've been thinking the same thing because without speaking we both jumped up from our cheers to the waiting room and headed back towards Rillo's room.

As I'm speed walking back, getting closer and closer to the room, I feel Corbin's arms wrap around my waist, but I wasn't budging. So, he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder to carry me back to my seat.

"Let me go, bro! Please." I whine while punching him in his back.

"No. Why would I do that? So, that he can put his hands on you and then I'd have to fuck him up? Then I'd be leaving you alone when the police walk me out in handcuffs charging me with murder when I fold his ass into a body bag?"

The thought of Corbin being escorted out in handcuffs for murdering someone... for me, kinda turns me on a little bit because no one ever cared for me like that. The thought also saddens me, having to see him through a glass window not being able to touch him or him not being able to touch me. And then, he's 17 going on 18 soon they'll send him to the big jailhouse where teenagers hardly survive.

"No. Of course, not." I admit squeezing my eyes shut erasing the thought of seeing Corbin behind bars from my mind.

"I thought so." Corbin says while sitting me down in a chair. "Now, please sit down. Okay?" he caresses my cheeks with both of his hands while looking directly at me.

Damn. I love it when he shows me affection while looking in my eyes. That's so cute.

"Okay. I'm fine, babe." I put my hands over his, which still lays resting on my cheeks.

He leans into kiss me on my forehead. Then he rests his forehead on mines.

"I love you." he says quietly. I can feel his warm breath brush up against my skin as he speaks.

Directly across from me I see my father sitting my mother down in her chair as she groans in frustration. My mother is infuriated, I can see it all on her face and in her eyes, but my father is not scared of her one bit.  He's bend over looking her in her face waiting patiently for the storm that he and I both know is about to come any minute now.

"Why the fuck would you do that? I almost had him. Damn!" she pushes my father's face back away from hers out of frustration.

My father sighs and takes a couple of steps towards my mother.

"I did that because he ain't worth it! He ain't worth our baby girl having to visit her mother behind no damn glass window not being able to come see you whenever she needs to disclose her issues with you because she just can't with me." my father snaps.

"Baby Girl? She's not a baby anymore Kameron." my mother scoffs as she points her finger at me.

"You need to stop treating her like one she's about to go to college real soon."

Their voices overlapping each others.

"Oh, my gosh here we go." I shake my head.

"I'm not talking about her dammit! And you know I'm not. I'm talking about the..."

"Excuse me?" a female nurse interrupts. "You guys are way too loud. Either you keep it down or take it elsewhere. ." she gestures towards to elevators.

"Sorry." both my father and mother apologize.

She rolls her eyes and walks back toward her desk to help a patient who's waiting there for her when she returns.