Chapter 45

"Bow and Arrow?"

"That's me," Kiera says reaching for her bow and arrow. "Thank you."

"Jarra you have your staff on around your neck," Nate says as he makes a note of that in his head.

"Always. Never take it off." Her voice is so soft. "Not even to take duce on the toilet." Jarra mouth is unfiltered. She says what she wants when she wants and how she wants to.

That's one of the reasons why she gets on my nerves but it's also why I love her.

"TMI, Jar. TMI." I sigh softly as I roll my eyes at her comment.

"Kel, you have 'The Sai'." Nate continues on.

"Thank you." Kelvin thanks him dryly. Nate and Kelvin don't get along, but that's a story for another day.

"Naomi, you have your weapon," he says gesturing towards his head.

"Weapons I should say, right?" he adds.

"Yeah." I nod my head in agreement.

"Ronald already chose his weapon of choice, the watch," Nate says as he watches Ronald slide the watch up his wrist. "And I have my daggers. So, yeah. We're ready." He looks at Kelenna while he locks his hands together resting them in his front.

"Now, that's more like it." Kelenna stifled a laugh as she's cocking her two Colt Model 1911 Semi-Automatic pistols back.

"Everybody grabs some X-rays and a bulletproof vest," she adds while her and Nate throw everybody one.

"W-What do I do?" Marty asks, nervous laced his voice.

"You stop being nervous and do as everyone else is doing. You got this." Ronald encourages him with a cheerful smile before nudging him in his arm playfully. Marty returns him a cheerful smile as he nods his head and flaunts his teeth. You can tell a new good of confidence just coursed through his veins.

"Let's go kill these hoes to rest," Kelenna says as she turns around and exits the room twirling her guns around on her in two index fingers.

Everyone trails behind her.

~

The address that Marissa sent to Kelenna led them to an abandoned building in Greensboro, North Carolina an hour and fifty-eight minutes away.

By the time they arrived, time was hitting seven on the dot.

The abandoned building look as if it had about 10 floors, give or take.

It's nothing surrounding it but dry land and trees.

It was too much ground to cover with too little time.

They decided to split up and search on different floors.

Jarra and Kiera took the top two levels and the roof.

Nate and Ronald took the perimeter and the first three levels.

Kelenna and Kelvin took levels four and five.

Nobody really wanted to pair up with Marty because he's not an agent, they weren't sure if he could hold his own or not in the field.

Naomi didn't mind pairing up with him though, she believed in him as much as he did in himself.  They took seven and eight.

They all agreed they'll meet back up on the top floor.

~

We see the Elite8 group split up on a screen monitor as we then here an unfamiliar males voice say, "They're here."