Chapter 3

*Edited

I managed to make it through the first half of my day without bumping into Amari. Although a part of me wishes that I did, I'm glad I didn't because I need to focus on school and not on boys. And besides, I hardly know the guy.

This school isn't as bad as I thought. Not everybody who's rich is snobby. There are some people at this school who damn there have millions in their bank account, but you wouldn't tell because they aren't wearing it.

Take Kayleigh Marshall, for example. Her parents both have high paying jobs, her mother is an attorney and her father own's a restaurant. You wouldn't know that though by her attitude of the way she dresses because she doesn't flaunt that off to the world.

The lunchroom is crowded with all kinds of commotion. I can't even hear myself think. I look around the lunchroom trying to find a table to sit at. I spot a group of four boys and two girls sitting down at a table in the middle of the lunchroom. They look nice, clean and doesn't look like they boujee type... my kind of people.

"Hey, guys. My name is Naomi..." I start to say as I approached their table. But they all groaned and walked away.

"....Satchel." I sighed to myself as I sat down at the empty table. 

The students at nearby tables all look at me and laugh at me. I felt so embarrassed. I'd be better off going to eat in the bathroom. At least the items in the bathroom like me.

"Hey, Naomi." a familiar voice calls out from behind me.

Kayleigh Marshall has chocolate skin tone. Her hair is styled in two pigtails with hair down and white ribbons tied around them. She has on her cheerleading outfit and a white pair of comfortable sneakers. She has some pretty dark brown eyes and some perfect white teeth.

"Hey, Kayleigh. I didn't know you were a cheerleader." I said noticing she switched her outfits.

"Yeah. I've been cheering since I was four years old," she said with excitement as she sat down at my table gaining the attention of jocks and the other cheerleaders across the way. "I love it. It's the only thing that keeps me sane in this fucked up place we call the world."

"I don't have anything like that."

"You'll find something. Trust me." she encouraged with a warm smile."How's your first day going so far?"

"Better than what I imagined." I chuckled softly. "WAY better actually." I put emphasis on the 'way'.

"That's good," she assured while taking a bite off of her salad. 

"Marshall!" someone called out to hear and I turn around to see a girl in cheer uniform and a pair of white sneakers like Kayleigh's walking towards us fiercely.

"Shit. Here we go." Kayleigh murmured under her breath.

"What the hell are you doing?" A curly-red head white girl scowls her as she folds her arms across her chest.

"I'm sitting down with a new student. Is that a problem?" Kayleigh asked the girl.

"Yes. I mean look at her," The mean bitch glanced at me and started giggling as I also heard some of the cheerleaders and Jocks egging her own as the entire lunchroom is watching.

Man, I can tell already this school and these students live for drama. The moment they hear a scream their heads instantly turn.

"What's wrong with her?" Kayleigh asked the girl whose name I have yet to learn. "She's a bad bitch to me." She defended me.

"A bad bitch?" One of the football players snickered at Kayleigh's comment. "If she's a bad bitch then my grandmothers a bad bitch." he joked as the other players and other kids laughed.

I didn't say anything. I just shook my head at him and rolled my eyes because that joke was fucking lame.

"Okay. Sure."  the curly red-haired mocked her as she placed her hand on her hip.

"I need you to come over here, " she said as she gestured towards her table of cheerleaders all dressed in cheer uniforms. "while we discuss which dance we'll be performing at the assembly tomorrow."

At first, Kayleigh didn't move she just say there. Until the mean girl slammed her hands down on the table and said, "That means now. Why aren't you moving?"

I don't know why but Kayleigh stood up and grabbed her tray and oblige the bitch order avoiding eye contact with me as she walked away. Who is she? I really want to know.

"You're welcome to join us." she grinned as she stared down at me.

"No. I'm cool. Thank you." I said sincerely.

"I don't want to be around a place where I know I'm not really welcomed," I added.

"Then why are you here?" she asked. "You're certainly not welcome here." Everything burst out with either laugh, oohs, and ahs.

"Anissa!"  Kayleigh gasped.

So, that's the bitch name.

"I'm...I'm sorry. Did I do something wrong here?" Lord knows I wanted to say more but I chose not too.

"Yes. As a matter of fact, you did."

"Enlighten me, please?"

"You sure you want me to do that. I can be a bitch at times," she said twisting her face up.

I don't condone drama. Well, I'm not supposed too but this Anissa chick had it coming since the moment she walked over here like some bad bitch who running shit. I'm not scared of anyone. I don't care how much money you have. Or how popular you are.

Anissa glares me up and down from head to toe. She folds her arms across her chest.

"You speak bitch." I retorted as I stood up eye level to her return the favor of the glares. "You just met a girl who speaks bitch too."

As we stand face to face, our noses nearly touching, the students began to shout and chant. "Fight! Fight!Fight! Fight!" egging it on.