Chapter 27

"You know I see right through this tough girl act." She steps closer to me.

"What tough girl act?" I scoff.

"This one right here in front of me." She gestures her hands out pointing at me as she continues to walk slowly towards me.

"Hmmm, this is all me. But I can't say the same for you." I smirk at her.

"The wannabe badass head captain of the cheerleading squad who was born with a silver spoon stuck too far up the ass. Love to put others down in order to uplift yourself and maintain at a higher level than them." I snap.

"Did I miss anything?" I ask.

"No. That about sums it up." She laughs softly as she now stands only inches away from my face.

"You're a weak ass bitch who needs to be put in her place." I glare at her up and down not scared of her posse at all.

She looks over at the shattered bathroom mirror and then at my bloody knuckles and back up.

"You're the living proof of what weakness looks like. You can't handle the pressure of the voices that are inside your head so you attempt to hurt yourself in order to make it stop."

The fuck is she a psychic.

"You don't know what you're talking about!" I lie. "I wasn't trying to hurt myself."

"But yet, this what used to be beautiful scenery tells me otherwise." She snaps and I roll my eyes at her. I grabbed my things and head towards the door because this conversation is going to get nowhere.

Before I can make it to the door, the tall brown-skinned petite girl dressed in a blue jean skirt and a red top puts her hand on my chest as she says, "We can't let you leave."

Um, is her hand touching me, right now?

I could break these girls hand faster than she can blink. She bets to move her hand if she wants it.

"First of all, if you want that hand I suggest you get it up off me," I warn her as I gently grab her hand and place it down by her sides.

"Second of all, why?" I ask.

"Because we're afraid if we let you go you'll get somebody else killed." The slim short-hair dark-skinned girl taunts me.

"You don't what the fuck you're talking about!" I grimace at her, the anger crystal clear in my voice. She smiles at me as if she's ecstatic by my reaction giving.

I know I'm giving them the reaction that they won't, but ignoring ignorant behavior is one of my weaknesses. I'm what the call "A hot-head".

"Why so defensive then?" Anissa mocks me.

I can feel my heart racing as the adrenaline that I had to get rid of by punching my fist into the school's property resurfacing.

"Because I hate when motherfuckers speak on things they don't know all the facts to." Anger still evident in my voice.

I can feel the painful headaches returning, my body temperature rising.

"People only get angry at the truth. Why explode at false accusations?" Anissa continues to mock me.

I clench my fist and I close my eyes shut attempting to slow my fast-paced breathing down.

As I'm trying to calm myself down, I hear them laughing and giggling at me, I mean what else can they be laughing at.

I hear Anissa making 'Coo Coo' noises.

I don't like being looked at as a joke, it...it makes me angry.

I immediately open my eyes and I see nothing but Red.

Anissa and her girls continue to laugh at me...not with me.

I clench my already blooded fist tighter I glance over and see my reflection in the mirror and my rage for the person in it grows stronger.

I want to look into a mirror that will love my own reflection harder than I hate myself.

And this mirror just isn't the one.

I groan and approach the mirror.

I draw my bloody clenched fist back ready to break another fucking mirror.

I don't care.

Should I care?

Yeah, for somebody who is broke like me I should, but I don't.

I hear the bathroom door open and footsteps entering, but I'm too blacked out to even pay attention.

"Naomi, stop!" I hear a familiar voice say, but it's distant and I don't act on it.

As my fist inches closer and closer towards the mirror, a hand grasp my fist from behind.

I look in the mirror to see who has the balls enough to stop me during my tantrum, oh its Corrine standing glaring at me with her hands folded over her chest.

"Oh, it's you." I speak in a sotto tone as I turn around and face her.

"What are you doing? Are you okay?"  She asks calmly, but yet you can still hear the disgust behind her tone and she's still scowling me.

"Yeah. I'm okay. Why are you here? Don't you hate me too or something?" I sigh.

"Nah, hate that's a strong word." she lies, I overheard her saying she hates my ass not even a week ago.

"And I'm here because Amarillo he...." she stops mid-sentence.

"He what?" I'm curious to know what she had to say about the person who made my fake life even more complicated than it already was.

"Is he hurt? Or some- Wait! No, why should I ever care? He just humiliated me in front of the whole lunchroom." I snap.

"Right. That's why I'm here. He felt bad about what he had done and he wanted me to come and check on you since he can't exactly come into the girl's bathroom." she laughs lightly.

"Of course, he does. He should." I scowl her as I approach her.

Damn, every time my anger takes over, I have these blackouts that I can't seem to stop unless I act out in violence.

"Woah. Chill I'm on your side here." she assures as she gently touches my shoulder and I jump back into reality. My eyes wide, startled, concern but more confused than ever.

"Yo, are you okay?" Corrine asks and I can honestly hear the concern in her voice as well as see it in her eyes.

I stumbled back a little bit while holding onto my head, it's pounding.

"Y-yeah. I just, uh, I just punched a whole glass mirror with my bare hand which is still leaking out blood. I think I just need to wrap it up and take an aspirin or something for the pain." I say while grasping my damaged hand.

"Of course." Corrine says as she wraps her arm around my shoulder and walks me towards the door.

Anissa's friends or whatever you want to call them to join together to build a wall, blocking Corrine and I from leaving.

"Move!" Corrine growls.

They still stand there posted like a real security guard.

"Or I'll make you." Corrine threatens.

They both look at Anissa for approval, who stands behind Corrine and I.

Anissa nods her head for approval.

They move out of our way.

"Yeah, I thought so." Corrine says.

As I look over my shoulder at Anissa, I frown at her because she just irks me.

She gives me a half-smile as she waves at me.

I roll my eyes at her and mouth the words bitch.

Corrine and I are fully out of the door.