Chapter 18

Here's the playlist for this chapter:

Andy Grammer- Don't Give Up On Me

We Rabbitz- Love Talk

Lauv- I Like Me Better

Lana Del Rey- Young and Beautiful

Dean Lewis- Be Alright

Novi Amor- State Lines

Daughter- Medicine

Selena Gomez- Back To You

Taylor Swift- Delicate

Billie Ellish- Six Feet Under

Alessia Cara- Trust My Lonely

Kygo- Happy Now

We Rabbitz- Rising Star

Martin Garrix- There For You

HRVY- I wish you were here

Tyler & Ryan- Speak Of The Devil

Amarillo's POV

I've been asleep dreaming a dream of nothing of but darkness for what feels like hours. I can't see another, but I can hear everything. And I have to say, I don't like what I hear. I hear my mother out there crying, and I want nothing more than to wake up and wipe her tears and pain away and tell her it's going to be okay. My father out there playing me songs talking about, He loves these songs. I wish I can laugh in his goofy ass face right now because the man clearly doesn't know me at all! I have no idea what the hell he has me listening too. And my friend, Marty Hines, Cracking jokes and my other friends, Corbin Rice, Corrine York, and Casey Hudson laughing at him being dicks. Marty's jokes aren't funny, but I'll never admit that. I don't want to crush his dreams of being a comedian. What I don't hear is people giving up on me, that good. Sadly, I don't hear the one voice I desire to hear more than ever, Naomi's. Shit! Maybe my message didn't go through. Maybe I sent it to the wrong person like an idiot... My slow ass. "Or maybe you sent it to the right person, she just has given up on you. Maybe the nigga who got to you and nearly killed you got to her and... "
"Okay. Shut up, please. She's fine okay. Thank you? I finally shut my subconscious up. That nigga can be a real dick too. I will be wanting to be his ass, but I can't fight a person who looks just like me that silly. Ugh. Naomi, Whereever you are, you are okay right? Please, don't give up on me.

"Oh thank you, Jesus, he's alive." Oh my gosh! That's her. That's her voice she hasn't given up on me.

Naomi's POV

Thankfully the drive to Sentara Leigh Hospital in Norfolk, Virginia wasn't long at all. We enter the hospital and Kayleigh takes us up to the third floor, room 312 to be exact.

We enter the room and I let go of a breath I didn't know I was even holding in.

After a few seconds of being in the room, I'm greeted by two people who I do not recognize. The woman, pulls me into a hug but I hesitate at first until I recognize that these are Amarillo's parents and I accept there gestures.

"Hey. How are you doing? I'm -"

"Naomi Sathel. You're just as pretty as our son described." the short dark-skinned woman smiles. I can't help to smile back with her because Amarillo has been talking discussing me to his parents. I'm flattered.

"Yes. How is he doing? What did the doctors say?" I ask.

"He lost a lot of blood to his brain and his heart stopped because of it. He has a broken leg, luckily they didn't make it to the playoffs. Oh, and he felt into a coma. So, you tell me how he's doing... Nyla." He rolls his eyes as he walks away.  What a bitch! I really want to add but my conscious and I both vote against it.

Wow. This tall white man who's a true dick know damn well he heard me say my names Naomi.  He's lucky he is the father of Amarillo's because he definitely would've gotten cursed out. But it's not the time nor the place.

"Don't worry he's always been a dick. And nobody likes him." Natasha whispers in my ear and I laugh lightly.

I look over at Amarillo and try my hardest to fight the tears that's ready to be released as I watch Amarillo lay in this bed with a tube in his nose, a gauze wrapper around his head I'm guessing from when his head went slamming into the stirring wheel. His nose is cut up and there's a cast on his left leg which is resting in a sling. I take a deep breath before I walk over to his bedside.

I put my hand on top of his.

"Forget what I said earlier. I'm not giving up on you." I say softly into his ear. I introduce myself to his friends and Kayleigh's boyfriend while remaining by his bedside. They're really cool. His friend Marty has really bad jokes! But I laugh at them anyway because I don't want to be a Debby downer to his dreams. Amarillo's parents and Kayleigh's parents had left the room because it was started to get way to crowded in here.

As we're engaged in a conversation about how I like it so far in Virginia Beach, I feel Amarillo's hand intertwine with my fingers.

"Oh my gosh!" I gasp.

"What is it?" Kayleigh asks.

"He's waking up. He's alive! He's alive." I can't hide my excitement.

"Shit!" Corbin curses quietly. "We should've brought you here sooner than now!" Corbin jokes playfully.

"I'll go get the parents." Kayleigh runs out of the room.

"I'll get the doc!" Corrine runs out of the room.

I grasp his cheek softly.

He slowly opens his eyes.

"I'm here." Oh, Lord. Here comes the tears. I can't help it. They're happy tears though. "We all are here."

Amarillo looks at me and smile. Damn! He has such a beautiful smile.

"You didn't give up." He says as he puts his hand on top of mines.

"You didn't give up on me." I smile.

"Never." he says.

(Did you enjoy this chapter as much as I did writing it? :) :) Please vote and comment!! I would love to hear what you guys think. )