Chapter 25

TWO WEEKS LATER

It has been two weeks now and everything has been radio silence on Christian's end. He hasn't popped up. He hasn't texted. He hasn't even sent clues as to where I can find Kayleigh and Corbin. He probably has them chained up in a basement of some abounded building. Or maybe he has them locked away at "Black swan" American headquarters, you know the black ops organization whose my organization's enemy, you know because he's doing their dirty work according to Alyssa A.K.A Aziza. Or maybe he has their bodies rotten in a ditch somewhere,  maybe I'm too late.

"Naomi!" Amarillo yells. He must've been calling my name but I couldn't hear him.

"Yes?" I yell back annoyed.

Ever since that night at the hospital, our relationship is not where I hoped it would be. We rarely talked to each other, if we are not talking about finding Kayleigh and Corbin then we aren't talking at all. Every time I ask him can we talk about us and his response is always 'What about us?'  He doesn't want to say it but I know he blames me for their disappearance, his attitude towards me and the fact that he never wants to look at me in my face says it all. Everybody blames, even the motherfuckers at River North who don't know anything about me or my past blame me too. The only people who don't blame me are my parents.

"Why are you just sitting around here eating your lunch? Every minute that we waste sitting on our asses is another minute closer to my friends being dead." he snaps.

"Your Friends?" I scoff. " They're my friends too you know." I roll my eyes and turn to face him. He gives in and our eyes meet, finally.

The look in his eyes isn't the same as it was before. I see the pain and disgusting when he looks at me. When his eyes start to water, he pulls away and focuses his eyes on anything else but me.

He wipes his tears away before it can fully run down his face, "You know I didn't come over here to talk about us. I came over here to discuss a more important matter." Ouch. That stung.

"Yeah. I know that." I intertwine my fingers with one another trying to act as if his words didn't hurt.

"And how are they your friends you barely know them?"

"If they're your friends then they're mines too." I wanted to say.

"I do know them."

"No. You know of them. There's a difference." he glares at me.

I could smack his ass right now.

Amarillo's POV

"Okay. I'm just going to ignore your little smart ass comment." she snaps.

I can't help but blame her for Kayleigh's and Corbin's disappearance because that goof ass nigga Christian would be no more than a stranger if she didn't bring her pretty ass around with mutts right on her tale.

"So, are we going to find them or not?" she purses up her lips and continues to eat her food but I don't know what that means.

I slam my hand down on her tray, knocking her food over all in her face.

"You want to sit over here and act like this doesn't matter when this is your fault!! What the fuck Naomi?! Christian might've pulled the trigger but you are the one who made him do it! And I hate you for it. There will never be an us! EVER!"

Why did I just say that?

Her pupils are blown out and watered when they meet mines. Her mouth wide open in devastation and she loses the color in her face a little.

I made a fool out of me and her in this lunchroom.  Everybody's eyes are on us, we're the center of attention... not the good kind.

After realizing what I've done, I walk towards her trying to comfort her and apologize for my outburst, but she's not trying to hear it.

"Don't touch me!" she cries out. She swats my hand away and gets up from her seat stepping back away from me.

She's really afraid of me. I can see it all in her face.

Fuck! Why would I just do that?

"I get the picture. Okay? You could've just said that when we were alone, not embarrass me in front of everybody." distraught and pain evident on her face.

"Naomi, I'm - I - I don't....." I couldn't get my words right.

"I'll find them, but I don't need your help at all!" she turns away from me and runs out of the lunchroom sobbing with her head down.

"What have you done?"  keeps repeating over and over in my head as I watch her run out of her with her hand over her mouth and tears streaming from her eyes like a river.

I stand still stuck wanting to chase after her but my feet can't bring me to do so.