Chapter 4

*Edited

I can feel Anissa's breath blowing up against my skin as we remain face-to-face in a prolonged glare at one another.  Her hot breath made my forehead creased. This girl breath smells worse than the shit that comes out of my anal. I admit I was ready to stand down because this type of drama is exactly what I've been trying to avoid, but being a chicken isn't me. It's not in my blood.

"Chill Anissa! She's cool." Kayleigh says as she reaches for Anissa's arm but she jerks her arm away turning to give Kayleigh the same death stare she has been giving me."Don't touch me."

"I won't..."

"Good."

".... As long as you don't touch her!"

"Are you threatening me?!" Anissa sneered, now staring Kayleigh down.

Oh, Lord. What have I done?

I hope this girl can fight because I don't want to have to hospitalize this Anissa girl when I'm supposed to be keeping a low profile.

"No! I'm not threatening you." Kayleigh stuttered you could tell she feared her the way she avoided intimate eye contact with her. "I'm just-"

"Well, good," Anissa says as she walks closer towards Kayleigh as Kayleigh's eyesight fixated on anything and anyone but Anissa.

"Because you don't want to threaten somebody who has to power to end your entire existence now do you?"

"No." Kayleigh answered her but she spoke very low to where only the two of them and I can hear what she had said.

"I can't hear you. Speak Up!" Anissa yelled.

"I said No." Kayleigh repeated herself.

"That's right." Anissa smiled smugly feeling proud about herself. "I'm the captain of this team, you are the Co-captain meaning you place second under me and whatever I say goes. Kind of like Simon says, am I right?" Kayleigh nodded her head yes and Anissa gripped her by her chin, lifting her head up so hard as she goes on to say...

"You.better.open.your. mouth. and speak." she enunciated her words slowly as if she were talking to a child.

I don't know. Maybe Kayleigh is a child in a young woman's body to be taking orders from Anissa. I swear people who look like Anissa just don't know how powerful they really are. I wish they knew.

"Yes." Kayleigh obliged once again.

"Now, sit down at this table with your squad or take that uniform off right now." Anissa tested her.

At first, Kayleigh just stood there not saying or moving a muscle. And then she obliged once again and sat down at the table with the other group of girls dressed in cheer uniforms.

Anissa turns back around towards me with the smile on her face that I so desperately want to knock off.

"You see new girl, " she started as she clasped her hands together and begin approaching me again. "I run this school. I'm the Beyonce of this shit. And you best fall in line or be prepared to be dealt with all of the time."

This girl is a character. Seriously, I like her.

"Well, " I said as I gave a half shrug. "I guess it like I'll have to be prepared then."

"I guess so." She smiled as the bell rung over our heads and we walked away going our separate ways.

The crowd who had gathered around us all groaned and sighed of disappointment as they were expecting to be entertained.

As I was headed out of the cafeteria on my way to my next class, I bumped into someone.

As soon as we turn around, we bumped into someone. I nearly fall on my face until I am met by a familiar hand grabbing my arm and helping me regain my balance.

Once my balance was a hundred percent stable, our eyes met and I got lost in his eyes distracted all over again.