Chapter 31

I squeeze my eyes fail to hold the tears back in my eyes.

I admit I'm afraid to die without fulfilling all of my dreams. I'm afraid to die a nobody. The crazy thing about that though is everybody becomes a somebody when they die because here come all the stories about how everyone just saw them and this that and the third; family, friends, and strangers it's just what they do.

I open my eyes the cold barrel of the gun still rests on my forehead as her finger still rests on the trigger.

Her wet eyes met mine and I recognize something different hidden in her eyes, anger, and pain. I could tell she's not

She pushes her knee deeper into my penis as she's positioned on top of me which causes me to move a little.

"Don't you fucking move or I'll blow your fucking brains out." she threatens, pushing the gun barrel down into my forehead.

"Okay. Okay. I'm sorry." I whimper.

I'm such a pussy.

My eyes avert to her bruised hand and I think about how she broke that glass and snapped on Corrine and the look in her eye as she had done so and I remember the confusion her face held after the two incidents. She didn't remember much of the incident, she had a blackout episode much similar to the one she's having now.

I know that she said not to move, but the only way to wake her up from is to move.

I expeditiously grasp her wrist with my right hand and she screams out something in a language I do not recognize.

I squeeze my eyes closed and call out to her quietly, "Naomi, it's me, please."

I feel her stumble backward and I wrap my arms around her waist catching her before she had felt and hit her head or something, "I got you." I assure her.

Her eyes are puffy, wet and confused. She looks down at the black loaded object in her hand. She opens, closes, and opens her mouth trying to find the right words instead of finding words she drops down to her knees and places the gun on the floor a river of tears comes out of her eyes as she latches onto my leg tightly.

I slide down off of her bed and onto the floor pulling her into my arms providing the comfort that she needs.

There were times what I could care less about me or my life but after a near-death experience twice, I love my life and the people in it now more than ever.

The only thing that is being heard is her sobs and sniffles for the next Ten minutes.

Afterward, she finally lifts her head up from my chest and stares into my eyes.

She says, "I'm so sorry. I don't know what I was thinking." The pain is clear as the day in her voice.

"It's okay. You weren't thinking." I attempt to make her feel better.

"That's the point." she rises to her feet slowly and sits on the edge of her bed, I stand up too.

"What if I have another one of these episodes and no one is around to pull me back? What if I end up at the bottom of the creak dead?" I cringe at the thought.

"You can't think like that."

"How else am I supposed to think then?" She glares at me.

"I don't know." I hump my shoulders. "Positive will be a good start." She rolls her eyes and focuses on a picture frame that sits on top of her white bedside table.

She rubs her hand across the women figure in the picture and never takes her eyes off the picture.

The picture is of two adults and a baby. The women in the picture have a Red diamond shape figure in between her brows and she has a hijab on her head with a cute little pink bathing suit. Although she has on a hijab, the chain around the crown of her head is still visible.