Chapter 9

As I make my way down the stairs, my eyes meet Amarillo's and his eyes nearly pop out of his eye sockets. He's standing right there by the door looking so sexy in his navy blue cardigan sweater, dark blue jean pants, and some white air force ones. His nerdy glasses, diamond studded nose piercing, and his big beautiful smile makes him look even better.

"Wow. You look so beautiful." he grabs my hand and kisses my palm.

"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself." I smile and kiss him on the cheek.

His cheeks flushed and my eyes widen because I can't believe I just did that and neither can he obviously.

"Aw. Look at my kids. You two look so cute together." Kayleigh squirms.

"Yes. You do." Mrs. Marshall agrees. "Hold on. I'll be right back. I have to go get my camera."

Amarillo and I both stammers.

"Ma. You don't have to do that. This isn't prom or graduation." Kayleigh sighs.

"I'm so sorry."

"No, it's fine. It is okay." he turns his head as he says "I love that Mrs. Marshall wants to take a picture and capture this special moment with Naomi for me."

Mrs. Marshall re-enters the room with her camera.

"I found it!"

"Great." Kayleigh says sarcastically.

"Are you guys ready?" Mrs. Marshall asks.

"Yes." both Amarillo and I say.

We glance at each other and laugh as we say, "Jinks. You owe me a soda."

CAMERA CLICKS

"Got it. That's so cute."

"Can we take one more?" I ask.

"Sure."

"Ready?" We nod yes.

"1...2...3" Mrs. Marshall counts down.

CAMERA CLICKS

"Got it."

"Can we see?"Amarillo asks and Mrs. Marshall nods yes.

The pictures that Mrs. Marshall just took Are really nice and we do look good together. Amarillo looks at each other and smile as we're thinking the same thing.

"You ready to go princess?" Amarillo ask.

"Yes."

"Let's go." He takes my hand in his and leads me to the door.

"You kids have fun now," Kayleigh says and I laugh.

"Okay, Mom," I say sarcastically.

"Hey wait." Mrs. Marshall. I turn around to see what she wants, although I didn't want to because I was so ready to go on this date.

"Here take these." Mrs. Marshall says as she hands me some keys.

"What are these for?" I ask Confused.

"They're the keys for you to get back into the house. We might not be up when you get back and I don't want you standing out there stranded." I smile.

"Wow. Thank you, Mrs. Marshall."

Mrs. Marshall pats my shoulder as she says, "Of course. Now go on. You two have fun and be careful."

"We will," Amarillo says.

Mrs. Marshall nice personality and kind heart make me feel so at home. It makes me kind of sad though because I think about my mom and all of the things she doesn't say but she should. Or all of the things she doesn't do, but she should. We just don't have the mother-daughter bond that I always wanted.