Chapter 21

(Hey Guys. So, as I'm writing these stories I've been putting faces to these characters and here's what I came up with so far. )

China Anne McClain - as Naomi Satchel

Jharrel Jerome- as Amarillo Harris

Denzel Washington - as Kelvin Michaels

Teyonah Parris- as Kayleigh Marshall

Dylan O'Brien- as Marty Hines

Katherine McNamara - as Anissa Walsh

Taye Diggs - as Kameron Marshall

Daniel Ezra- as Christian Sapphire

Zendaya-  as Corrine York

Kofi Siriboe- as Corbin Rice

Dylan Sprayberry- as Casey Hudson

(Now,  if this story does get made and brought to the big screen, some of these characters might be portrayed by different actors but I'm confident with this group I came up with to portray these characters. Let's get back into the story now I just wanted to let y'all know. )

I pace back and forth in the waiting room not too far from his room. Everybody out here is darting their eyes at me thinking that I'm crazy and then quickly moving their selves and their children away from me.

"Yeah, that's right! Get the fuck away from me. And while you at tell people to stay away from me because I'm bad and I'm not who they think I am!" I snap.

I place both of my hands around my mouth as if I were speaking into a blowhorn and shout loudly, "I am not. I am a..."

My "Aunt" comes up from behind me and cover my mouth with her hand causing the words that followed to be muffled and unclear to understand. Her hand smells like chicken grease uhh.

Without thinking, I grab her hand and remove it from my mouth as I then twisted her hand. I turn around to face her.

"What the fuck are you doing?" she screams in pain.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I gaze harshly at her. Tears start to come down her eyes, so I know this hurt because I never saw her cry before.

Oh. I just admitted to her being my aunt.

So, I don't care. She's not supposed to be here. Anytime, some show up to my present from my past nothing's ever. They ass always want something and think I owe them something. That also means that this life I'm starting to like, I will have to leave behind soon if things continue going down the same route. And I'm not ready to leave this place or these people. 

"What are you talking about?" She asks through the pain.

"You're not supposed to be here my father didn't mention I'll have you over here to help me. So, why are you here?" I ask.

"That's because you're dad didn't know that I was coming back to the states I didn't tell him." she groans.

I grip her shirt in my hand and pull her closer to me. "If you're fucking lying to me, I promise you-you will regret It," I say through my teeth.

We gaze longingly into each other eyes.

"Auntie." I air quote and she chuckles

I let go of her shirt and push her back.

"Hey." We both turn to see a Mexican female nurse in black smock's.

"What the hell are you two doing in here?!" She yells.

"Nothing." I'm just warning my aunty that I'm going to beat her ass if she's up to something and that I'm not the same little girl she remembers.

"Are you sure?" She looks back and forth between the two of us. "Because I have patients running over here saying that there are two psychos over here going loco." She snaps.

"We're Good, Marisol." Aunt Nicole fakes a smile. "I promise."

"Good. You better be or I'll get security on the both of you." She demands as she walks away.

We both look at each other and sigh.

"You're not the same little girl I remember." She straightens the wrinkles from her shirt that I put there.

Oops.

"Yeah, That's because I've grown up into a totally bigger and different person," I say.

"Yeah. I can see that." She says quietly. I scuff and roll my eyes at her comment that she assumed I didn't hear.

"Why are you really here?" I ask.

"What?" She questions with her eyes focused on her wrinkled clothes.

"Are you here because you really did miss me? Or are you here because you're on a mission?" My eyes focused nowhere beside her eyes.

I can tell by the look on her face, she's a little confused on my question. So, I elaborate a little bit more for her.

"Am I your mission?" Her head immediately snaps up to meet my eyes.

"Are you here to watch me and make sure that I don't fall for another black person? And go off mission?" I question.

She shakes her head no.

"No. No. No. Of course not." I squeeze my eyes shut to stop the tears that I feel bottling up in my eyes from falling, but it's too late. The moment I open my eyes here comes to those tears I was trying to prevent.

She wipes my tears with her hand and wipes it away.

She holds my face in her hands. "I'm done with missions. You aren't my mission you are my family."

"No. We're not really..."

"I don't give a damn if my brothers DNA didn't recombine with Kelenna's and out came you." She cuts me off. "When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching, they are your family." She grabs my hand and holds it in hers,  "And family you are Cupcake." 

"I'm too old for you to still be calling me cupcake still." I laugh and she joins.

"Oh. Right sorry." She smiles.

I feel bad for coming at her the way I did when those weren't even her intentions.

"I'm sorry." I apologize.

"It's okay, Cu-" I dart my eyes at her.

"Naomi" she corrects herself.

I smile.

She smiles.

"Cool?" She opens her arms. I place by the side of my face by my temple and avert my eyes to look up at the ceiling as if I were thinking on if I should or not.

She clicks her tongue and swats my arm playfully. 

"Just kidding. Of course, we're cool." I laugh. 

"Good. Now, bring it in." She pulls me into a hug.

We both pull back from the hug but she keeps her arm wrapped around my shoulder as we walk back to my b... Amarillo's room.

"Now, tell me about this crush of yours." She grins.

"What Crush?" I act clueless as if I don't know what she's talking about.

"Please." She twists her lips up. "I saw how you two stared deep into each other's sparkling eyes, smiling at each other." She laughs.

"Shut up," I whine and I nudge her.

"Come on. You can't tell me that you don't find Mister Harris even more attractive while lying down in that hospital bed with that open gown on with his..."

I cover my ears as I talk loudly saying, "LA. LA. LA. LA. I can't hear you." She laughs.

(Hey guys. Keep voting and comment too, please!!! I would love to hear your thoughts on this story so far regardless good or whatever.
Quick update we are ranking at #3 under the hashtag #atlast ... #10 under the hashtag #crazyex  !!!! Yay!!! Keep voting. Thank You.)