Chapter 28

"Thank you for helping me. I really appreciate it."

"Yeah. No problem." Corrine responds as we continue to walk down the hallway. 

We have my bloody hand tucked away in a towel that Corrine was carrying in her backpack. I find it totally weird, but I decide not to ask not that I think she'll tell me the truth.

"I'm glad to still have at least one friend around here." I smile softly.

"Nah. Don't get it twisted baby girl, I still hate you and blame you for what happened to them just like everybody else." she gestures her over eyes to a missing person's poster on the wall with Kayleigh's and Corbin's faces on it.

"Then why do you care what happens to me?" I question darting my eyes at her.

"I don't." She looks at me and says with a straight face and no emotion at all behind her voice.
"But he does." we both direct our gaze to the end of the hallway where Marty, Casey, and Amarillo await.

His eyes meet mine from afar and I quickly focus my eyes on something else.

"Why?" Why does he care? Maybe he feels bad for only speaking how he truly feels on the inside.

"I find myself asking that same question too. I guess we'll both have our answer rather sooner than later, right?" her tone is spiteful but I ignore it.

"I have returned with the cursed bitch you can't seem to let go." Corrine tone is playful, but I'm not in the mood to play.

"First of all, I'm not cursed," I said before Amarillo can get out any words.

"Second of all, I'm nobody's bitch. And third of all, erase that bitch word from your vocabulary when you're speaking of me." I demand.

"Or what?" she scoffs.

"Well, " I unwrapped the towel from my damaged hand and lift it up, showing off.

"You saw what I can do to a mirror when I'm angry, I'd hate to have to shatter a persons face."

She speaks bitch, so why can't I?

"Yeah. Sure. Whatever."

"Yup." I try to keep my voice calm despite the slow burn of anger building inside of me.

Corrine purses her lips out and sucks on her teeth sd she reaches into her bag and pulls out a bottle of Aspirin. She looks up at me and throws the bottle at me and says, "Here's your God Damn Aspirin for your headache."

Caught off guard, I don't catch the bottle and it falls to the floor making the majority of the pills crash to the floor.

"Look what you have done," I say gesturing to the pills on the floor.

"Just pick them up. It's not that serious." Casey says as annoyance laced his voice.

"Just pick them up. Dirt doesn't hurt." Corrine shrugs her shoulders. "And besides, you're used to it anyway." Corrine rolls her eyes at me and turning on her heels heading towards the main doors.

"Bitch." I muttered under my breath as bent down to grab the bottle with only a few pills left in them as the...

MAIN DOORS SLAMMED SHUT

Casey looks daggers at me first and then at Amarillo who eyes bore into my bruised and bloody hand.

"And this is who you most desire, bro," Casey scoffs as shakes his head and goes to follow Corrine out of the front doors.

Marty looks at me, his face contorted.
"I was rooting for you," he says, imitating Tyra Banks from America's next top model. "We were all rooting for...."