Chapter Nine

Darren's blood dripped off my hands. My body shacked from crying. Dead. He is dead. "Darren please come back to me." I gripped onto the fabric he was wearing.

Another shot rang in the distance. I looked up and seen Carter falling. Ryan caught him crying. Not knowing what to do I stayed with Darren and watched Carter. Blood poured from his side.

Ryan held onto him for dear life. I cried along with him. I just lost myself when they died. Another shot rang and this time I felt physical pain.

I looked down at my chest and sunk down to the ground next to Darren. I closed my eyes and grabbed Darren's hand. I let an I love you slip out of my lips and my fingers started to loosen from his.

Next I opened my eyes and shot up. Darren's hand was in mine. He stirred then sat up with me.

"What's wrong love?" his face wore a worried expression.

Not answering I hugged him. He started to rub his hand through my hair in a soothing way.

"I love you." I said. I hadn't said it to him before in such a loving way.

He said it back while still massaging my hair. I looked over at the time. Two pm. We slept in really late. A groan from across the room told me we weren't the only ones who slept in.

"Can you two be quiet?" Brandon said into his pillow. I giggled at him and he sat up glaring at us.

He stood up from his bed half naked. I coughed and looked away so Darren wouldn't kill me.

"Look all you like." Brandon flirted.

Darren huffed out a "Shut up." from beside me. I grinned at his jealousy and held my hand in his.

I got up and avoided looking at Brandon. "I will be back." I stated and left.

I closed the door on my way out and went to Carter and Ryan's room. I decided not to knock knowing they should be awake.

Walking right in I stumbled into them kissing. Embarrassed they put space between them.

"Jade what are you doing in here?" Carter hissed at me.

"Last night you told me to come get you when I woke up." I held up my hands in defense.

He grabbed a shirt out of their drawer and put it on. "Well knock next time." He tried to act tough.

"I do what I want." I faked a smile towards him. He rolled his eyes and came up to me.

"Come on loser." He took my hand and we went downstairs. Ryan followed us still blushing and we found Darren cooking some Bacon and Eggs. He sure got down here fast once I left the room.

I went and sat on the counter watching Darren. His muscles were well defined in the shirt he is wearing. It made me want to sit here forever and watch him.

In my own happy state Carter got my attention. He pulled a bag from behind his back and handed it to me. The bag said happy birthday on it.

"I told everyone about your special day. They went out to get you a present." He smiled.

"I thought we agreed on not making it a big deal."

"Well you just turned eighteen. I wanted it to be special." He came up and hugged me.

I couldn't help but smile at his actions. Footsteps made us look at the stairs. Sam came down them smiling.

"My little sister is all grown."

I shook my head at him as he handed me a small bag.

"Seems you are doing better." I said and put the present beside me.

"I'm am still sore, but I can manage."

I gathered up the presents and started to open them, but before I could Carter grabbed my hand.

"Wait till everyone gets back." He then let go of my wrists and I put the bags down.

Darren finished the food and by the time we were all done eating everyone was back home. We gathered up in the living room to open my gifts and eat.

It was the first time I have had a rush of excitement about a birthday since I lost my parents. I was handed Carters and Ryan's bag first.

Inside the bag was different kinds of face mask, nail polish, and he got me a curler. I laughed at his gift.

"What? Every girl needs her beauty products." He stated.

I shook my head and opened a gift from Jacob and Ashton. They had a gift card with money inside it. I told them my appreciation and went on to Sam's present.

I pulled out a ticket and looked at it. It had a big print of the word Fair.

"Me and Kevin got all of you guys carnival tickets." Sam said.

Cheers of excitement erupted from everybody including me. Finally something normal. Once it was quiet again I looked and seen no more gifts.

"Brandon said he is giving it to you later and I was going to give you mine after the carnival." Darren said.

Jacob stood up and left and everyone else started to as well. I got up like everyone else and went to the room with Darren. Brandon sat on his bed smiling like a crazy person when we got in there.

"What is wrong with you?" Darren said.

Brandon rolled his eyes. "I have the present for Jade and I have a place to go have some fun."

He got down on his knees and pulled something out from under his bed. He then handed a white box that he had in his hands.

I opened it and unwrapped paper. A condom laid on a pile of clothes.

"Whoops, I don't know how that got in here." he grabbed the condom but winked. Darren looked at him angrily.

"Chill, it was a joke plus that's the real present under it." He pointed at the box I still had. I put the box on the bed and picked up the pieces of clothing inside it. It turned into a cute outfit. (At the top).

"It's for a party that's going on tonight." He smiled. "But don't tell anyone else in the house that we are going."

"That sounds like a bad idea." Darren said.

I started to agree but Brandon started to speak. "We will be back soon after and we need a little chill pill."

It didn't take much for Brandon to convince me. I mean teens do dumb stuff and I wanted to experience it maybe one last time. I agreed with him and begged Darren to come with us. Not wanting to leave me alone he obliged to come.

I took a shower and stepped into my cute outfit. I have no idea how Brandon knew my size. I got out nail polish and painted my nails black then I curled my hair. My blonde waves always needed an extra curl to them.

Soon enough I finished and so did the boys.

Darren came up from behind me and kissed my neck. "You are beautiful" He said.

I smiled at the compliment and Brandon came over to us with his hands behind his back.

"What are you doing behind you back?" I questioned him.

He laughed then said "I have another surprise." I wondered what else Brandon could have got.

"Oh great." Darren said from behind me.

"We can either use it after the party or right now. I will let you guys decide."

"Okay well show us then." I urged him to move his hands from behind his back.

He grinned then pulled his hands from behind him. He held his hand up and showed us what he was holding.

Oh

My

God.