Chapter twenty-four

A/N This chapter has graphic violence in it.

All the rage inside me was ready to be let out. I gave Darren's hand a squeeze and let go to aim my shotgun.

  I took it and pulled back my finger. All hell went loose immediately. Ricks men had no weapons except for Rick which meant this would come to an end.

  They ran at us and we started shooting. I walked slowly shooting whoever crossed me and my group started disappearing into the small crowd.

  I looked around for them and found Kevin first. His gun was on the floor and a man was on top of him throwing punches.

  In panic I ran over to them and threw all of my weight into the man on top pf Kevin. We both fell and got back up as quick as we could.

  He grinned at me, "What are you going to do sweetheart?"

  Answering his question I lifted up my crossbow and let go of the string. The arrow went straight through his forehead and his body dropped. I felt power surge through me and started shooting people around me.

  My hair gets grabbed and I fall to the ground hard. My head his the floor and Anne kicked me.

  "It's all your fault." She said and kicked me again.

  "Dad and me could have been happy if you didn't exist." She kicked again in rage. I rolled to my side to miss her next kick the she stood over me.

  She reached into her side and drew out a gun. Crap. She pointed at me and started to squeeze the trigger.

  I closed my eyes and thought about the group. I waited for the impact, but noticed it never came, so I opened my eyes.

  Sam stood in front of me and offered his hand to me. I took it and he pulled me up.

  "Thanks."

  He gave me a nod then headed in a different direction. I had no time to think about how my life almost ended, so I started fighting again.

  I went over to where Ashton was and helped him with a few guys that were ganging up on him. We shot everyone of them and then I ran off.

  A guy ran up to me and before he had a chance to anything I shot him. By now I had blood all over me.

  I ran into Nathan and he held his hands up. I gave him a nod to leave and he ran away. I knew he would leave this hell hole of a house and I hoped that he found some sort of safe haven.

  I looked at how much ammo i had to find one more left. I groaned in annoyance and looked for who I would need to use it on.

  I used my last bullet on a random girl and dropped the gun. I ran around with my crossbow to look for Darren and I spotted him almost instantly.

I sighed in relief and went up to him. He turned to face me and gave me a small hug.

  "You're okay." He sighed mostly to himself.

  "So are you." I smiled.

    The fight was close to over as my group gained the lead and so I knew what was next. I looked for Rick until I spotted him in a corner watching the whole scene. He never was one to fight his own battles.

  I walked over to him with Darren trailing behind me. It's time for the end.

  The group slowly started walking beside me until we all were gathered up and stood in front of Rick.

  "It's over." Kevin shouted at him.

  He shook his head in return. "I feel like it all just began." He lifted up his gun and shot.

  The gun felt as if I was the one who had been shot as I turned to see his body fall in what felt like slow motion. Unbearable pain shot through me.

  Ashton and Kevin ran and Grabbed Rick as I fell to my knees next to his body. Sobs racked through me as I held his wound to stop the bleeding.

  "No, please." I cried.

  ­"It's okay." He gave me a weak smile.

  I pushed harder on his wounded chest to prevent him from leaving me. I couldn't make it without him.

  "I'm sorry." I could barley say from crying.

  "Muffin it's okay."

  I leaned my head down onto his shoulder. I couldn't take the pain. I had to save him.

  "I will always be with you and I could never be more proud of my little sister. Just make sure Darren respects you." He chuckled through tears.

  "No! You can't leave me." I cry even more.

  He took his hand and pushed my hair back. "You will see me again one day."

  "You aren't going to die!" I pushed down on his wound as much as I could causing him to cough.

  "Do me a favor and kick his ass."

  I shook my head as he started to viably grow weaker.

  "I love you." He said and slowly starting closing his eyes.

  I started to shake him in panic to open his eyes. "Sam wake up!" My body jerked from cries.

  He didn't respond and I broke. Every piece left in me felt as it was shattering. I felt empty.

  Slowly getting up I turned to Rick. He was being held by the boys. Darren came beside me and put his hand on my shoulder.

  I didn't even acknowledge him as I looked down at my hands. Sam's blood.

  Turning my head back up I eyed Rick. "Follow me." I said talking to the boys.

  I walked off and heard their footsteps behind me. I went to the basement and I pointed to the chains in a cell.

  They chained him up and I took a knife from Ashton. I kneeled down to Rick and stabbed his leg like how he did to my family.

  He winced in pain but laughed after it. "We are more alike than you think."

  His comment made me think about the situation. If I kept this going i was just as much of a monster as he was.

  Backing up from him I let pain take over my body. I lost everything because of him except what was left.

  I turned to look at the group. We had each other still.

  "Let's go." I said.

  The group and me left with closing the cell and walked upstairs. We got all the money Rick had in his office then rounded up all of the gasoline we had.

  We started pouring on the basement steps and around the house. I went over to the body's on the floor and found Sam.

  Life would never be the same without him. I kneeled down to him held onto his hand and reached in his pockets to get his keys. I thought of what to say before i had to go, but my mind felt deserted. Last goodbyes were never easy.

  "I love you." Tears slipped down my face as I got up and walked out the front door. My mind felt scrambled of memories with all the things we lost.

  The rest of the group came outside and Ryan lit his lighter then set fire to the house. We walked away.

  I got into the backseat of the car with Darren and watched the house burn. It was like leaving every thing I had known behind and I knew from now on nothing would be the same.

  In the end we all lost something.

  I lost Sam. Carter and Ryan lost their hope for all things good. Brandon and Abagail lost their innocence in the relationship. Kevin lost what felt like a son and brother to him. Ashton lost his best friend. Darren lost my old self. My parents lost their life. The twins lost each other. Jacob lost his right to grow old which left Blue without his favorite person.

  It all felt like a big dream about the things we lose.