Chapter twenty-two

Darren blindfolded me and started walking me outside. I felt like I had been pulled straight out of a romance movie.

  We kept walking until he told me to stop. I stood still as he untied the blindfold from behind me. It then was taken off of me and I gasp.

  Rose petals surrounded the tree that the group carved together and a blanket sat next to it with food on it. The stars shining down on us gave it a romantic vibe as I went to sit down on the blanket.

  "This is truly amazing." I said admiring it all.

  Darren sat down next to me and I glanced at him. He looked so handsome tonight. I could just sit and kiss him for the rest of my life.

  He leaned over and popped open a champagne bottle then poured it in our glasses.

  I took a glass from his hand and took a sip of the liquid. This is way more tan I have ever asked for from him. I couldn't be happier than this moment.

  "I love you so much." he grabbed my attention, "Hell, I would do anything for you."

  I leaned over to kiss him and he inched in towards me. When our lips connected I felt pure bliss. The kiss gave off such a deep meaning behind it that made my heart swell. I knew I would never let him go.

  He pulled away from the kiss leaving me in a trance and grabbed my hand.

  "I wanted us to have our own moment away from everything. I wanted a good memory throughout all of this bad shit going on, something we could look back on as we grow old in age." He said to me.

  I decided to speak after he said that. "I always knew I would forever have you in my life, but I never knew how much I could fall completely in love with someone."

  He gave me a grin and we went on talking about all kinds of random subjects. My head had never been more clear about what I wanted in life except know I knew I didn't care as long as Darren was with me.

  "What happens after all of this?" Darren asked.

  "What do you mean?" I tilted my head.

  "After we get rid of Rick what are we going to do?"

  I started to think about it myself as he asked. I really had no idea. Maybe we could travel or go back to school. Hell, I could even stay here with the group.

  "I think we have a family to stay with." I finally said.

  He seemed to understand what I meant and I laid my head down in his lap. We talked for about an hour more about whatever came to our mind until I yawned and Darren picked me up to go back home.

  I laid my head on his chest as he started to walk through the trees. We soon ended up in the house and Darren put me down.

  We walked into the living room and everyone's head turned to us.

  "How did everything go?" Ryan asked us and we told him it was good.

  I went and sat on the couch next to Carter that was cuddled up to Ryan and Darren sat down next to me. Carter then leaned over and whispered something to Ryan and the looked over at me grinning.

I started getting suspicious as they didn't look away and scrunched my eyebrows together.

  "Wha-" They cut me off by starting to tickle me.

  I started to laugh and tried to get them off, but they kept going. Then more hands reached out and tickled me. No fair!

  They kept tickling me until they got bored. I sat up giggling and Darren suggested that we needed to go back out and get all of the stuff we left behind.

  I agreed with him and we walked out of the house. We slowly started walking into the woods together and I took his hand in mine.

  He gave my hand a small squeeze and I returned it with my own squeeze.

  "Thank you for tonight." I said.

  "Anytime my love."

   We walked up to the tree and started to pack up the blanket and drinks we left. I bent down to grab my glass and then something got pushed to the back of my head. I turned around to see it was a gun.

  Rick stood in front of me smiling and Darren was behind him being held against his will. 

  Annoyed by Rick I decided to be bold. "Why would my own father hate me so much?" I asked him.

  His expression turned into shock, but he soon covered it with a blank stare. "I don't hate you. I hate everything around you."

  A girl walked up beside him and gave me a mean stare. I looked back her with an equally mean look.

  "Looks like a good time for you two to meet." Rick said and the girl stepped closer to me. "This is your half sister, Anne."

  I stared up at her. Ryan had told us about her, but I never took the time to think that I had a half sister. They way she acted showed we had nothing in common. Her hair was a light brown that went with her hazel eyes.

  She looked nothing like me. She sneered at me as I didn't say anything and I turned my face back to Rick. "What do you want from me?"

  "That's a long story my dear." he grinned at me.

   I was tired of stupid games with him. I looked over at Darren to see him looking at me with a sad glint in his eyes. Then I decided I knew what to do.

  "Take me and leave my friends alone."

  He chuckled and Anne laughed beside him. It only made anger boil through my blood. I grit my teeth to stop from saying any snarky comments.

  "I will take you, but," He paused to turn and look at Darren, "Pretty boy is coming with."

  I shook my head as Darren screamed for us to be left alone. A guy holding Darren injected him with a needle and his body slumped down. The sight broke me as he reached the ground.

  "Now follow along or we will have to inject you as well." Rick demanded and I followed his order so I could come up with a way out.

  He walked out in front of us and I sneakily pulled out my phone. I went to text messages and sent the message 'help' to Sam.

  Right as the text sent Anne snatched the phone from my hand and threw it down. At least they knew we were in trouble.

  We walked up to a van and they threw Darren in and I got in willingly. They closed the door leaving me in the dark. I found Darren's head and put him on my lap to rub my hand through his hair. I could only hope we made it through this.