Chapter twelve

A day later the carnival was open and we all had our tickets ready. Even Blue seemed to know something fun was going on as she followed Jacob around.

We grabbed a bite from the kitchen and made it to the carnival in about thirty minutes.

Pulling up to the sight my eyes landed on the tallest thing there. The Ferris wheel. I smiled thinking about getting on it with Darren. I am definitely going to save it for the last ride.

Getting out of the car we all turned in our tickets and got some wristbands.

"Okay so we all meet up here when the carnival ends." Kevin told us sternly.

"Bye." Ashton said and him and Jacob ran off.

I went the opposite direction from them with Darren. We had hands intertwined as we swung our arm's in sync together.Everything feels so normal. It's nice to have a little break from all the crazy that surrounds us.

I seen a ride called the Rock o' Plane that looked like a small Ferris wheel, but the seats had gates around them. (At the top).

Darren and I went and waited in a short line and soon entered past the entrance gate. The worker opened up the gated seat and we sat down.

The gate door got closed and we had a red bar with a circle on in in front of us.

"This will be fun." Darren said.

I nodded in agreement and the ride started taking us up. As we went up it sped up and we were going in circles like a Ferris wheel.

Darren gripped the red circle in front of us and sat there as if he was up to something.

"What are you doing." I asked.

He smiled then leaned forward and then slammed back. The ride started to tilt as he did it and then he did it again. In what felt like slow motion we flipped in a circle. After jerking my head back I held onto Darren's arm.

He laughed at me and leaned up to spin us again. As we turned upside down my heart felt panicked from the rush of spinning.

He did it a couple more times and then the ride stopped and we got off.

"What next?" I asked.

"Anything you want love." He said then kissed my forehead.

I looked around in excitement for a new ride but my eyes land on something else.

A tall stand with sand and mason jars caught my attention. I took Darren and walked over to it.

"Hey, how are you all today?" A lady at the stand asked us.

"Good." I replied.

The lady started talking about her stand and what it was. She told us you fill different colors of sand in the mason jars for five dollars and take it home as a reminder of the Fair.

We handed her ten dollars and got two mason jars in return. Darren and me started to fill our mason jars with different colors.

I started with a layer of purple and put all of the colors in the rainbow. When we were done she showed us how we could make designs in the sand.

She took a long, skinny, stick and poked the side of the jar from the inside. It made the sand colors sink into the other colors.

I followed the orders she gave us and finished my mason jar.

We also got to put decorations on the top so I took heart shaped jewels and put them on then when it was completely done I showed it off to Darren.