Chapter fifteen

The door opened and reveled Abagail. She smiled at Brandon and looked around. Her eyes landed on me and she gave a long stare towards me before looking at Brandon.

Since she stared at me I decided I should step up and introduce myself. "Hi, I am jade."

"My name is Abagail." She held her hand out shyly.

Instead of shaking it I gave her a hug. I want to make her feel more welcome. She stood shocked for a minute, but hugged me back.

"The guy that was next to me is Darren." I said and looked over at Darren. He waved at her and she smiled at him.

Everyone else introduced themselves to her and she came inside. Closing the door behind her we went to the living room.

Some television show Ashton liked was on so his attention was focused on the screen when we all sat down.

"Why do you like Brandon?" Jacob asked while petting Blue.

"Shut up Jacob." Brandon hissed. Abagail laughed at him causing him to smile. She twirled her brown hair in between her fingers nervously after laughing.

"Can I paint your nails?" Carter asked Abagail to change the subject.

"Sure."

Carter left to get some nail polish and Ryan followed.

"I am going to take Blue for a walk." Jacob announced and left with Blue.

The rest of us stayed quiet which left awkward vibes able to swirl around the room. Then I came up with an idea. Since Abagail is staying the night and Kevin doesn't know I'll bring it up as if I was the one who wanted to let her stay.

"Abagail how about you stay the night."

She looked at me confused and so did Brandon. I gave him a look saying 'Go along with it'.

"I would love that." Abagail said.

"As long as you stay with Jade we wouldn't mind." Kevin said referring to him and Sam.

Brandon mouthed thank you to me from across the room and I nodded my head. Then Carter came down with Ryan and nail polish. He started to paint Abagail's nails after sitting next to her.

We talked about random things and after a while we started to worry about Jacob because of how long he had been gone. I called him and we all spammed his phone, but we got no answer.

"That's it. I am taking Abagail home." Brandon said.

"No you aren't." She argued.

They started to argue about it and everyone else started freaking out. My phone dinged in my pocket so I took it out thinking it was Jacob.

'Come outside' said from an unknown number.

"Guy's." I said trying to get their attention, but they all ignored me.

"Guy's." I yelled.

They stopped talking and focused on me.

"I think we got a problem." I held my phone out to them. They read it and cursed. Adrenaline pumped trough my veins as I thought about what to do.

We got out our weapons as Brandon stood holding onto Abagail and telling her to stay inside. I grabbed my crossbow and a gun just in case. I also got a pistol and went up to Abagail.

"Keep this. Just in case." I gave it to her.

"Go hide with it." Brandon ordered her and she went upstairs. I hope she knows how to use it.