Chapter seventeen

I could hear voices.

See darkness.

Fell a tightness on my wrists.

I struggled to open my eyes and managed to do so after what felt like forever. At first all there was, was light. It started to dimmer as I blinked and I started to regain my sense to see.

I looked down and seen myself chained. My legs were against metal chair legs with a lock wrapped around me and my arms were the same way.

Next to me was Darren. My gaze caught his attention and he looked at me.

"What is going on?" I asked him.

"Those fuckers have us all chained up."

I looked around to conform we were all chained to the chairs. My eyes landed on a patched up Jacob. His head seemed to weight to much on him as he struggled to keep it up.

My heart felt a pang of sadness for him. He could make it though. I searched for Sam to see he was okay except for the cut on his forehead.

I noticed everyone had cuts on them and my blood started to boil with anger. Fuck them. They are so dead.

A door opened and Rick walked in. I mustered up the best glare possible and sent daggers towards him. If only looks could kill.

He looked at my glaring and walked to my chair. He took out a knife from his side and pressed it to my neck.

Darren started to yell at him and he pushed in deeper almost cutting me. Darren stopped when Rick pushed harder and I could tell he was on the edge of tears.

"Not scared for herself, But for others." Rick said then moved away from me and looked around the room.

He studied everyone until he set his eyes on Kevin. He went over to him and slide his knife against his hand.

Blood dripped off Kevin's hand and he grunted. Then the door opened again and Nathan walked in.

"Glad you are here." Rick said to Nathan.

He than walked over to him and handed him the knife.

"What do you want me to do with this." Nathan held up the knife to Rick.

"Pick one to cut." Rick said and turned to all of us that were lined all around then room. Nathan took a breath and steeped in the middle studying us.

"Me." I said. I would be the easiest to hurt since he doesn't know me as well as the others.

"No, Rick she spared my life." Nathan pleaded Rick.

Rick clicked his tongue and looked me in the eyes, "That just made her weak. Cut her."

I stiffened up as Nathan walked over to me and Darren tried to make them stop from beside me. Darren's pleads were ignored as Nathan brought the knife to my arm. He sliced three lines across the back of my wrist.

Heat spread on the area along with a sting. I wanted to reach over and hold onto my arm, but I was trapped.

"You know your whole life is a lie. This whole time you really have never known anything and well the whole reasoning behind everything is because of your family." Rick said to me.

"Then stop being a pussy and tell me." I gritted out.

He seemed to stop for a minute to think before he spoke again.

"It's not time for the story yet."

I rolled my eyes at him. He thinks this is a game. On top of that he can't even speak for why he is doing this. All he is doing is standing there.

We need a plan to get out of here. This sick man only wants us to be tortured. Every time he looks at me I can see how badly he wants to hurt one of us. Evil shines through his eyes.

"Let's spice this meeting up." Rick paused and walked over to Jacob. "So young."

A different man walks in with a long metal stick, but it was red on the end of it. It was a fireplace stick. The end was red because of the heat on it.

Rick takes the stick and aims it at Jacob. My heart beat picked up and I started to panic. I looked for any way out.

"We let your dog go." Rick said to Jacob. I looked over to Jacob who smiled even in his circumstance. You could see the happiness from him because Blue got away. He then looked away from rick and over to his best friend.

Ashton. He was crying as he watched Jacob be put in danger. The sight brought tears to my eyes and I struggled to be free.

"Leave him alone." Kevin shouted which made Ashton start to cry worse. I cried along with him.

As if our pleading was music to ricks ears he seemed pleased and shoved the hot stick into Jacobs stomach.

I let out a loud cry as Jacob started to huff out big gasps of air and then a small amount of blood started to come out of his mouth.

He looks up at us and chokes out. "Kill.. Him." His eyes lost their spark as he took smaller breathes until he stopped breathing. He was gone just like that.

Everybody cried and made heart aching sounds. Jacob had a full life ahead of him and it got taken away. I struggled in my seat to be let out

I started yelling, calling Rick names and he left, then a sting erupted in my neck and darkness took over once again.

Darren's P.O.V.

So many words described the feeling going around. Loss, Pain, Sadness. Any bad feeling you could name was felt.

I'm just glad I still have Jade. I love her unconditionally. As soon as they put a needle in her neck I unlocked the chains on me.

I had a bobby pin that Carter was teasing me about earlier and I really wish I had gotten out in time to save Jacob.

When I got out I beat the living shit out of the man that stuck a needle in my angels neck. I unlocked everybody's chains and the I went to pick up Jade.

We went out a back door and ran for it. As we ran I held onto Jade tightly. Her head bobbed as I carried her and it caused her to start to stir.

She then woke up and held onto me around my neck. She then told everybody to stop running.

At first we didn't listen because fuck that, but when she said it again we listened.

"We need to go back."

We all looked at her like she was crazy and I watched at a tear fell from her eyes.

"We have to get Jacob. He needs a funeral."

I looked at her saddened look and frowned. We all knew there was no going back.

"We can't or trust me I would." Ashton said.

I put her down and give her a kiss trying to help her feel better.

"Not the time." Sam huffs at me.

I back away from Jade and we all start running till we see the car then we make a skirt sound and drive as fast as we can to get home.

When we got back we found Blue sitting on the porch looking around. I looked at Jade as I can tell her heart was shattering for the dog.

Blue started whining as he searched for Jacob. Ashton went up to him and sat down on the ground. Blue laid his head on him and we all left them outside.

"So, this is pretty dangerous." Abagail said in a sad voice looking down. In my opinion she should have figured that out a long time ago.

"Come on." Brandon said to her and they went upstairs.

I look over at an upset jade see Sam walking up to her. He brings her in for a hug and they stay like that. I watch Carter walk up to them for a hug and Ryan followed along. I joined in after them and before you know it we had a big group hug.

A hug of sorrow and loss.