Chapter nineteen

I got out of the car with Carter, Kevin, and Darren while the rest of us stayed in the car. I could hear the music from inside the club. I looked at the building with hope that I would get some kind of answers here.

We decided that Kevin would make a distraction so we could skip the line and walk in behind the guard, so we watched as Kevin started making a scene.

He acted as he stumbled and fell on the guard. While the security guard was distracted by helping Kevin we slipped in the club and left him with the guard.

Music filled the area and I could feel it vibrate trough the floors. I looked at my phone to take a look at the picture and text the unknown person sent when we pulled up to the club.

It showed a man with red hair that was supposedly here and all the text said was 'He will lead you to the man that works for Rick'.

I looked away to search for the man, but failed to find him.

"You know I didn't get a chance to tell you I think you look gorgeous." Darren said in my ear.

I looked at him. He was dressed up in a nice shirt and some jeans. "Thank you. You don't look so bad yourself."

He smiled then gave me a kiss on the forehead. "I'll be at the bar watching from a distance. So if something goes wrong you can count on me to be there."

"Okay." I said nervous.

"I love you." He said then walked off.

I looked over at Carter and he was winking at me. I shook my head at his actions.

I went to the dance floor and tried to fit in. I danced along to the random song that played and acted as if I was not on a crazy mission.

Then an arm bumped into me and caught my attention. A man stood next to me and his hair was blonde. Not red.

"Want to dance?" He asked.

"I'm good." I said as nice as I could.

"Whatever bitch." He said and started to walk off. Before he could walk away an arm grabbed him. The man with red hair.

"I think you should apologize." The man with red hair said.

The other guy said sorry then scurried away. When he was gone Carter stood next to me and the man with red hair stood in front of us.

"Hello, my name is Derick." He held his hand out to me.

I didn't take it and he put it down. "A friend of yours sent me." I looked at him confused, but before I could ask who he answered. "Nathan was the young lad's name."

I thought back to the text massages and wondered to myself if it actually was Nathan.

He had to be the unknown number, but why would he be helping us now? As i started trying to find a reason for his actions thoughts raced through my mind that this was a big trap. My gut wanted to follow the man though.

"Come with me." Derick said. I glanced over at Darren and gave him a small nod and he got up from his seat.

I hesitantly walked behind him and with Carter and we went to the back of the club. He led us to an elevator and when it opened we stepped in together.

The music from the club dimmed down as the doors closed and Derick pushed the button to go to the highest level. I took the time to sneakily turn on my mic under my dress so that everyone else could hear what happens.

We stood quietly as the elevator would ding every time it made it to a new floor until we made it to the last ding and stepped out. He led us through a hall until he stopped at a black door.

"When you come in and please take a seat." Derrick said and took a seat in behind a desk. I listened to him and sat in a seat across from him while Carter sat next to me.

"I must say I have lots of shocking information." He intertwined his fingers on his desk.

"We need you to tell us everything." I impatiently stated.

He nodded at me then opened a draw in his desk. My heart raced at thoughts of what he would pull out. I got ready for a fight as he searched through it.

He then drew out a file and sat it on his desk. He opened it and showed me a picture. "This woman is the start."

I picked up the picture and studied it. The face on the photo made my heart pang as I looked over it. Mom.

"I know my parents have stuff to do with it I think that's pretty obvious."

"You're dad wasn't involved in the beginning. It started with your mom and Rick."

I gave derrick a confused look until it settled in my head. My mom had been dating Rick.

"No, this wouldn't make sense." I shook my head.

"It adds up perfectly." He paused to look through the file then pulled out more photos and handed it to me.

I looked at Rick kiss my mom's cheek as she smiled and went to the next photo. Rick down on one knee and my mother shocked. Then one had her with a belly bump.

"You're father and mother took a break after having Sam because of the stress with a child. After splitting up she found Rick and she got pregnant, but Rick started getting abusive. She then left and went back to your father and they hid from the monster of a man. They lived happy with two beautiful children until Rick found them and in rage he wanted them dead."

A tear slipped from my eye as I realized the truth.

"You are Ricks daughter."

Hey lovelies, I am sorry for the short chapter I just wanted to update quicker since I haven't updated in a while, but thank you for reading. ( :