Chapter 1: The Doctor's Brother

Luigi sighed as he closed his lunch box. "Time to finish work". The bustling sounds of the Mushroom Hospital rang throughout his ears as he walks down the corridor as many injured or sick patients were being carried through. Luigi passed a few of the rooms with patients taking a quick peek to see his friends at work. All of them were so skilled in their craft especially his brother. Mario could do everything, it was like he had healing magic. One visit from him and you're cured of whatever problem you may have. Luigi deep down was jealous of his brother of his talent, but there was literally nothing he could do about it. Luigi knew he could never be as good as his brother, even if he did try. Because of Mario's extraordinary talent, he became one of the head doctor's of the Hospital.

Luigi stood by a few pictures that showed all five of the head Doctor's. Mario, Peach, Toadsworth, Wario, and Bowser. He sighed at the pictures and began to stare at them mainly Bowser. Ever since he started working in the hospital he started to develop a crush on him. So masculine and strong, so many things that Luigi wasn't. He hasn't told Mario that he was Bi because of fear that Mario would disapprove. He felt that by coming out it would ruin his brother's reputation and he'd hate him. Luigi snapped back into reality as he heard a very familiar voice. "Luigi~" he looked back to see his good friend Daisy. She gave him a hug and smiled. Not only did Luigi have a crush on Bowser, but also Daisy as well. He smiled back," Hi Daisy, what's going on". She shrugged with a worried look," I don't mean to bother you but one room needs to be cleaned for a new patient". Luigi knew as the janitor it was his duty to make sure every room is sanitary. "Don't worry I'm on it", Luigi smiled. "Oh goody, thank you I really appreciate it", she smiled before walking away. Luigi grabbed his cleaning cart and made his way to the room that needed cleaning. The room wasn't bad at all just needed a bit of tidying here and there. As he was cleaning he sighed. His friends were so much better than him, he wanted to be like them, but he failed his medical exams countless times that he gave up. Not only that Luigi just gets very nauseous around the sight of blood. He finished cleaning the room and heard the door open behind him. His heart speeds up as it was Bowser walking in with a patient. Bowser looked at Luigi with his fiery red eyes and uptight demeanor. Luigi nervously looked away as he was very afraid to look him in the eye. "Are you still cleaning?", Bowser said. His voice ran through his hears making his body shudder a bit. Luigi liked him, but he was also afraid of how uptight he is. "N-no I'm finished", Luigi said as he began to place the cleaning products back in his cart. He felt Bowser's eyes burning through his skull making him drop a couple of things. "Any day now Luigi", Bowser groaned. "O-oh I'm sorry". Luigi got himself together and left the room with his cleaning supplies. He took a deep breath and sat down at a nearby bench. His shift was almost over so he decided to pack all his things before he headed home.

Luigi cleaned himself up and changed into a different set of clothes before he walked home. He wore his basic green shirt, along with grey pants and slippers to massage his aching feet. he got up with his bag and proceeded to leave. As he was about to leave he noticed Mario standing by a few people talking to them. He glanced over to Luigi and gave him a quick wave. Luigi waved back as Mario walked away with those people. Again Luigi sighed. As he walked out he saw Bowser talking to Peach. He was doing his usual trying to impress her to win her, but it looked like it wasn't working.

"I told you plenty of times that I'm seeing someone", Peach said angrily.

"Who with Mario, c' mon, he doesn't have time to be with you, I do, however", Bowser replied.

"You just don't get it I like Mario a lot it doesn't matter if we only see each other once a week, my heart will still go to him".

"What! What kind of logic is that, I'll give you everything you ever dreamed of, actually think for a minute".

Peach turned her head away and Bowser growled.

"Goodbye Bowser I have patients to see"

Peach walked away passing Luigi, Luigi looked back at Bowser who looked very frustrated. He darted his eyes towards Luigi as smoke exhaled from his nose, "What are you looking at janitor". Luigi jumped and quickly walked on the path to his house. He felt his heart race as he walked away.

He opened the door to his house dropping his bag by the door and plopping on the couch. Being a janitor is hard work. He looked back towards a wall by the door where Mario's various awards hung for display. His brother was perfect, he wasn't. Sometimes Luigi would think to himself, why was he even born if he's been set up to fail since the very beginning. The door opened and Mario walked in. "Luigi", Mario said as he walked in. Luigi looked at his brother and smiled. Luigi knew that Mario was oblivious to his feelings, it seemed that whenever Luigi was visible upset Mario would avoid It. It would leave the air awkward so Luigi would sometime just fake a smile when he needs to. "How was it", Luigi asked. Mario sat next to his brother flicking the tv on to a Movie station. "Oh the usual, help people y' know". "I also gave a tour of the hospital to some journalist". "Cool". Mario and Luigi were very close and could talk to each other for hours. But Luigi noticed that ever since they both got different occupations their conversations got smaller and smaller. Luigi began to have mini flashbacks to when Mario would be verbally aggressive towards him, when he had a rough day, but would apologize afterward. "You did a good job cleaning the place, by the way, the journalist was pleased", Mario smiled. Luigi smiled from ear to ear. "Um, I saw Bowser talking to Peach again". Mario sighed," I know, she told me, I hate him sometimes, he just doesn't get it". Mario began to rant about how much he disliked Bowser and Luigi started to tune it out. Mario and Bowser can't be in the same room without arguing due to their extreme hatred for each other. It has gotten to the point where Mario forbids him from even having a casual conversation with him. The thought of Bowser and Luigi being friends would send Mario into a rage. Mario began to cool down and got up from his seat. "I'm gonna make dinner ok". He walked into the kitchen leaving Luigi and he sighed. (Well time to eat I). guess