Chapter 39: Forced Communication

Daisy invited Luigi to stay at her place while he gets his living situation sorted out. "Thank you Daisy I appreciate it". "No problem what are friends for, by the way, sorry if the place isn't that spacious enough", She said opening the door. "Daisy you live in a 150 room mansion", Luigi said. "150 rooms!? Luigi, you don't understand that, that's a small number of rooms". Sometimes Luigi forgets that Daisy is rich and that his version of a lot is minuscule compared to her. She brought him up to a hall that was filled with bedroom all done in different styles and colors variations. "Since you have a bubbly personality and green is your forte, You can stay in this room". Luigi walked in with Daisy and fell in love with the room. The bedsheets to the curtains, to the rugs and the tall walls, were all a beautiful shade of green that matched his own. Not to mention that the furniture complimented the green with its White glossy paint. "So you have your own private bathroom over here, and if you need something press this button on the nightstand and one of my Butlers or Maids will come and assist you". Luigi smiled and before she walked away he gave her a hug. "Thank you". She hugged back giving him an even tighter hug," What are friends for hehe". She waved goodnight while Luigi sat on the bed. It was extremely soft to lay on almost like he was on a cloud. He looked at his phone to see a couple of texts from Bowser.
He grumbled to himself trying to fight his curiosity to open up the messages. "No, it's gonna hurt more if I look at them. He placed his phone on the nightstand and decided to just get him something to drink.

He walked into the kitchen which was bigger than his house. "Geez, Daisy your kitchen looks like a set to a cooking show". He found a cup and filled it up with water. He heard someone walking behind him and quickly jumped to turn around. It was a Toad with a thick grey mustache in a Butler outfit. Luigi turned the water off and the Toad looked a bit frustrated. "Oh...did I do something wrong", Luigi said reading the expression on his face. "No No Sir, but please I'm here to serve you, those are my orders from her highness. Please if you need anything let me know". "O-Oh sorry, I don't have butlers, but I'll try to remember that". "Please do sir". The Toad walked away Leaving him alone. Luigi went back to his room where he had left his phone on the desk. He looked at it again and saw more messages from Bowser and a few for Mario. "What do they want from me"... Luigi found it extremely hard to not look at the messages, and he knew it was going to keep him from sleeping. He pressed the button to call one of the butlers and a few seconds later he heard a knock at the door. He walked over to open it and saw it was the same Toad from before. "Hello, sir how may I assist you". Luigi handed him his phone. "Do you mind holding on to this until the morning, it's a bit distracting when trying to sleep when I keep looking at it". The Toad nodded happily," Will do sir, good night". The butler walked off while Luigi retreated in his room. "Maybe some sleep would make me feel better".

Mario walked around the hospital finishing his work. Since his fight with Luigi, he noticed people acting strangely around him. They wouldn't hold a conversation with him, look him in the eye, acknowledge his existence. "What a bother". He stood up from his desk and walked out of his office. He decided to take a shower in the locker room before he left for home so he could go straight to bed when he walked in. Again he passed through the hallway giving people a friendly greeting only to be met with a small stare or being totally ignored. He stopped in front of Peach's office staring at the door. He wanted badly to speak to her again, but he knew she wasn't interested in him anymore.

He made it to the floor with the locker room and before he walked around the corner he saw Peach talking to someone. He peeked around the corner and felt his blood boil as it was Bowser. He laughed to himself as he felt that Bowser was a huge downgrade from him. And besides, he also knew that Bowser was so-called 'dating' his 'brother'. He heard walking coming towards his and positioned himself so it looked like he wasn't eavesdropping. He started to walk and saw Peach. He noticed that she walked a good distance around him turning her head away to avoid acknowledging him. "Although Mario didn't care he felt a pain in his chest from her resentment of him. He walked in the locker room and saw Bowser's things sitting on the bench. He then heard talking.

"Hey, Luigi please I need you to pick up. I need to talk to you, really bad. It was an accident that I kissed her I don't know what came over me, I messed up, I want to see you so I can apologize properly".

Mario felt angry, he kissed her and she let him. But then he laughed to himself as he knew that Luigi got what was coming to him. He told his brother that Bowser was no good, but he decided not to listen. He went to collect his things while he listened to Bowser pleading for Luigi's forgiveness. He heard Bowser get closer and stop. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw him staring at him. Bowser hung up and went back to collect his things. The embarrassment on his face was horrendous, it almost made Mario want to laugh.  He got up from his seat and began to talk to the door. "Wait"! Mario stopped and tilted his head slightly to look at the Koopa who was in severe emotional distress. "I-I need to speak with you".