Chapter 36: Nothing

Luigi had walked into Bowser house feelings of strain and worry filled his body. He grabbed himself a glass of water and felt slightly better when drinking it. He decided to check his phone, something he rarely does since he often forgets about it. As he went through it he still noticed all the unread messages from Mario. He knew he shouldn't look at them because of the contents that might be included in then, but curiosity killed him. Luigi opened them up and saw walls of text, enough to fill up a novel. The more he read the more he started to see Mario different. Mario used threatening language, wishing the inevitable to happen to Luigi. Luigi sighed and close out the messages realizing that it wasn't good for his mental health. He then smiled as he couldn't wait for Bowser to get back. He wanted to apologize to him for getting so jumpy towards Peach. He knew Bowser wouldn't do anything to hurt him, he promised.

Peach walked out of Bowser's office fixing herself and began walking to her office. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a slender purple figure standing not too far away from Bowser's office. "Oh, Princess fancy seeing you here". "Waluigi for the thousand time, I'm not going to-". Waluigi slithered Peach into a corner trapping her. "y-know Wario and I work very, very hard for what we do, and I think you need to re-consider". "I'm not going to take Bowser out of his position under Toadsworth and make it Wario, I refuse, nor am I doing you". Waluigi gave Peach a mocking frown. "I mean it would suck if this got out wouldn't it". Waluigi showed her a couple of pictures on his phone of her and Bowser". She started to tremble. "It would suck if the people of our kingdom saw this, I mean I was in town the other day, they still think you're with Mario". "You wouldn't dare". "All I'm asking princess for right now, fund us a bit of cash, I'm confident that Wario's medicine will be a success, hahaha then we'll just inflate the price of this life-saving drug discard all these other drugs and boom We'll be rich". "What happened to helping people"? Waluigi just glared at her then smirked," Well you seem to know a lot about helping people since you're so easy". Peach slapped Waluigi across his face making him stumbled back. "Nice talking to you sweetheart", Waluigi said.

Bowser sat at his desk panicking his hands pulling his hair. He didn't know he'd go that far with Peach. He told himself that he loves Luigi, but he's not sure how it happened with him and peach. Bowser decided that he should go home, he needed to clear his head and maybe seeing Luigi will make him forget about it. Bowser packed his things and headed out the door still extremely flustered. "Bowser". He jumped a bit as he turned to see Wario. "Hey, I need you to give this Luigi, one of the Side effects for the medicine I tes- I mean game to him, is slight abdominal pain just tell him to take 1 tablet". "Ok, I'll make sure, Wario can I ask you a question"? "No", Wario walked away before he could even get some of the questions out. Bowser sighed and walked home with a storm cloud hovering over him.

He walked through the front door with Luigi laying on the couch holding his stomach. "L-Luigi are you ok". "My stomach hurts a bit". Bowser handed Luigi the medicine," Wario said it will stop the pain, don't worry I read the label, he didn't make it". Luigi took two capsules and glanced up at Bowser and then had to do a double-take. He got up and felt Bowser's neck. "What's this red stuff on your neck, it's kinda sticky", Luigi asked rubbing his fingers together. Bowser felt his neck as well and managed to get some of it on his finger to examine in. He stared at it knowing what it was. "Did someone get makeup on you somehow"? "Oh no, it's not makeup one of my pens busted and I must've rubbed my neck when I was cleaning it up". "Oh ok". Luigi walked back to the couch as Bowser walked into his room in a panic. He rushed to his bathroom or scrub the obvious makeup mark on his neck. "Relax Bowser".

Waluigi was sitting around as Daisy and Wario were talking up a storm. He hated that Wario was spending so much time with her and wish that he'd focus more on their plan. Wario finally stopped talking to Daisy and Waluigi practically had to drag him out to keep him from starting back up. "Finally you're done, how's the medicine coming along", Waluigi asked. Wario sighed as he blushed ignoring his question. Waluigi irritated snapped his fingers," Earth to Wario". Wario snapped back to it and replied with haste," I, well it's getting there". "And have you tampered with the other medicine yet"?. Wario went silent. "What is going on with you, our plan isn't going to work if you're not pulling your weight", Waluigi said. Wario stopped," What's the point, are we really going to own the place". Waluigi was taken aback, this isn't like Wario, Wario knew the amount of money the hospital pulls in, it's a gold mine, and Wario is second-guessing their plan. "Wario think about what you're saying, there IS a point, and the point is getting filthy rich". "What about helping people"? "Forget the people, the more they're dying the higher we can make the medicine they need cost, it's either Die or Pay up", Waluigi laughed. Wario shook his head," No, just no, It's strange Luigi saved my life, and I never realized how amazing it is for someone to save me, so I'm dropping the plan and that's Final". Wario walked away Leaving Waluigi," Fine....have it your way let's start a little drama then". Waluigi texted Luigi," Oh I have something to show you".