Chapter 8: Dark Intent

Luigi sat at his desk filling out the last bit of paperwork he had. Bowser had left out for a bit trying to get peach alone this time. Luigi was waiting for Mario to come so he could distract him like he was told. Although Mario was rude to him the last few days he still felt bad about doing this. The door opened and Mario walked in with the look of exhaustion. "oh Luigi, let's get this over with". Mario sat down and they started working together. Luigi felt awkward since none of them were talking. He felt as though Mario was starting to forget about him and that he didn't matter to him anymore. "Where were you yesterday"? Luigi waiting for a response and it took a while, but he finally spoke. "I was with Peach, who else would I be with"? Luigi gritted his teeth as Mario completely forgot about him that day. "I mean I was waiting for you at home-". Mario side-eyed Luigi," Luigi cut it out I don't wanna hear it ok". Luigi started to feel very broken inside, he didn't know what he did to make him so distant from him. "But Mario-". "Need I remind you that I didn't want you associating with Bowser, and look you're working for him, Not only that I know you told Bowser about my potential new position and he had to intervene". Luigi stopped writing on the paper and started to shake. "You're completely disregarding everything I'm telling you, not only that you're being extremely clingy, I know we're brothers, but we don't have to spend 24/7 together you're being a drain on my life being around you exhausts me. Luigi felt pale and looked at him very lost. He felt stupid, he blamed himself for Mario not liking him anymore. It was his fault that Mario felt this way with him. Mario looked back and sighed," I'm sorry...I'm-I'm just tired". Luigi managed somehow to fake a smile. "It's ok, I understand". They finished the work and Mario left not saying a word. After sitting for a while alone thinking about what he said. Tears started to roll slowly down his cheek. He felt nothing, he was nothing. Bowser had walked back in a caught Luigi crying. Luigi tried to wipe away the tears, but there were so many. Without looking in his direction Bowser handed him a tissue box. "Here, you look pathetic". Luigi took the box and started to wipe away his tears. Bowser pulled up a chair and sat next to Luigi wrapping an arm around his shoulder. He got close to his ear. "So what do you think, Mario treats you like crap. He gets to live the happy best like while you're rolling around in your own dirt. You mean nothing to him, having the same blood means nothing. See why you should help me more". Luigi sat there quietly thinking about everything Bowser said to him. "Remember Mario will hate you even more if he found out that you cheated off him". Bowser got up and walked over to his desk leaving Luigi lost in his thoughts. He didn't know what to do, he felt wrong treating his brother like crap. He felt that maybe he was being treated this way simply because he was tired. It was time for him to go so he decided to think about it on his way home. As he walked out Bowser's office, he looked over to Mario and Peach who were having idle chat. Mario glanced at Luigi from the corner of his eye and turned his back to him. Luigi sulked his way around the hospital blaming himself.

"He said what"!?, Daisy said working at her desk. Luigi nodded. Daisy came and gave him a hug. "I can't believe it, Mario has been acting very strange". "Why do you say that"? "Well I haven't seen Peach in a while, and when I do Mario always swoops in it's like he's glued to her. Luigi still was feeling sad from Mario's words, but being with Daisy was making him better. "Listen if you ever need me to have a word with him I will, no one is going to mess with my friend". She stood in a heroic pose making Luigi laugh. Wario walked in her office very abruptly walking to her desk. He needed her to fix some papers for him. Luigi would notice that Daisy's posture changed. Wario was a bit close to her and he could see that she was a bit flustered. Whenever he would look at her her face would turn a bit red. After Wario was done he walked by Luigi flicking his nose. "Hay"!? Wario laughed as he closed the door behind him. "A-anyway sorry to cut things short, but it's time for me to feed the newborns, Waluigi can't do it himself. If anything else happens to tell me and we'll sort it out together". Luigi smiled and gave her a hug before he left her office. As he walked through he ran into Bowser once more. "Luigi", he said with a suspicious smile. "What do you want"? "Well, I was wondering if you could do something bad for me". Luigi gulped feeling nervous. Bowser got close, you see Mario has been milking out paperwork to get this position". "And what does that have to do with Peach". "Well...let's just say we get Mario to be more agitated, Peach will see how much of a child he's being and I'll swoop in a take her out". Bowser handed Luigi a set of keys," these are to Mario's Office...destroy his work". Luigi started to panic," Bowser this is going too far". Bowser forced Luigi against a wall and smirked. "Oh I thought we understood each other, may I give you another reminder of the past". Luigi stared Bowser down in his devilish eyes.  Bowser got close and whispered in his ear. "I know you deeply hate Mario, when you cheated off him, why did you try to discard his test"? Luigi's heart sank down to the bottom of his toes. "How do you know all this stuff". "I have my sources". Luigi couldn't understand why Bowser hated Mario so much. "Why do you hate Mario this much"? Bowser evil grimace wiped clear from his face as he stared dead into his eyes. "Why do I hate Mario....Mario always thought he was the best. He always had to one-up me, before our kingdoms combined he'd always humiliate me when he saved peach from my grasp. Always tearing down my name at any Party or Kart race. Making sure no one talks to me. He does whatever it takes to make me miserable. Peach forgave me for my actions, but he's stuck in the past. Do you know how hard it was to be a head Doctor...he didn't even want me to be apart of it and Toadsworth almost approved it. I can't talk to Yoshi, Toad, Daisy, Rosilina, DK, etc. because he's always telling them to not speak to such a 'bad influence'. I want him to suffer and feel the pain of being forced to be alone! I want to steal the one he loves the most from his very hands and destroy him. Bowser has gotten so angry that his claws dug really deep in the wall. Luigi froze from the yelling, but he now knows what Bowser's full intent on using him is. Bowser got so overwhelmed with emotions that he growled at Luigi. "Do as I say, NOW".