Chapter 42: Heart of Glass

Luigi walked all the way to the hospital with a swarm of butterflies in his stomach. He wasn't ready to see Mario, but he knew that he had or his behavior would continue to wreak havoc. He walked inside looking around to see if anyone was around, but it was silent. Only a few lights were on making the lobby very dim, so looking up you couldn't even see the top floor clearly. Luigi looked at his phone the time ticking over to 11 pm. "Ok, it's been two hours officially". From the shadows how the hospital he saw Mario walk slowly to the center where he could be seen. He looked disappointed but in a mocking way. "Ah you finally returned my calls, I knew you couldn't live without me", Mario said. "Why did you say those things to Bowser"? Mario smirked," It's all true isn't it, ever since Bowser came nothing has been the same, you see a lot of people are afraid of him, and it shows, his methods of healing people the way he speaks to people, it's disgusting". "Mario he changed, he's not the same anymore". "Oh shut up Luigi, open your eyes, do you this being nice now erases All the shit he's done in the past, he hurt a lot of people, I CANNOT forgive him". Mario was clenching his fist with so much bottled up rage. "And you, little Brother, you need to know your place, y' know none of this drama would be going on if you'd just stay cleaning restrooms, but you had to walk over to unwanted territory". Luigi felt heartbroken, it seems like Mario's dislike of him was going on for months. "I hate Bowser and there is nothing you can do to make me like him at all, he deserves to be alone, he deserves all the bad things in the world, and he doesn't deserve 'you' ". "Why not me? Luigi asked. "Well I heard from a little bird, that you make Bowser oooooh so happy, and I almost vomited because I have forgotten how lovey-dovey you guys are. And I really, really don't like you". Luigi held himself back as he wanted to lunge at him for his disrespect towards him. "I don't get it you're supposed to be a doctor that everyone looks up to, has many friends, but all I see are lies, You don't deserve shit, all of Bowser's crimes in the past couldn't add up to how terrible you are you hypocrite". Mario managed to grab Luigi by his collar and raised his fist only for it to be stopped. Luigi looked behind him and saw that it was Peach that stopped him. "This isn't any of your business", Mario said not looking her way. "Well I'm making it my business", She said with authority. "Don't you have other lives to ruin", Mario spat out. "Don't you have more lies to spread", She said. He lowered his fist and looked back at her. He smirked," I don't recall telling any lie princess, please entertain us with your banter. Peach looked at Mario tilting her head," What happened to you...".

Peach took a deep breath," Luigi yes you cheated on your entrance exams, because Toadsworth caught you cheating, correct"? Luigi nodded, " Yes but what-". "Now Now princess let's not get too hasty-", Mario said. "Toadsworth never caught you, Mario told on you". Luigi felt his blood run cold and Mario's face turned pale. "I looked back at your test scores and noticed that Luigi although you cheated, you would've been a top doctor and Not Mario, in fact even without cheating, you would've passed. What made you cheat"? "That's enough Peach, I've heard enough of your accusations, Luigi cheated because he knew he was going to fail obviously, his brain doesn't work sometimes". Peach looked back at Luigi who looked like he was about to burst into a fit of rage until an idea dinged in her brain. "Oh..oh my god...Mario set you up". Peach couldn't believe it, but she knew she was right on the mark. Mario had it, he never felt that angry in his life.

*CRASH*

Luigi felt specks of rain on his shoulder before he looked up. Mario looked up to and ran tackling Peach out the way while Luigi jumped back as far as he could. Large shards of glass landed near them. One small shard manages to stab Mario in his back. "Rrraaaah", he yelled in pain. That's when a heavy thud echoed through the hospital. Luigi had closed his eyes using his arms to shield his head until the glass stopped. He opened his eyes slowly and gagged at the sight of blood. He looked over his body to see where he could've been injured, but his body was clean of any cuts. He looked over at the pile of glass and his eyes widened. He stood on his two feet and walked a bit closer to get a better look. The blood was coming from...the body laying there. He pulled out his phone and turned the flashlight to get an even better look and almost dropped it when the light fixated on it.

Waluigi's body laid on the pile of glass. His leg bent the opposite direction, shards of glass impaling parts of his body and his arm looked like it was seconds from snapping off. Luigi looked up and saw someone standing at the top floor where the glass had come from. He could see the shadow of someone standing to peak over the edge. "SOMEONE'S UP THERE", Luigi yelled. "Luigi go, I have to sound a code blue. Luigi nodded and ran to the elevator. He pressed the button almost breaking it trying to get it to hurry. Luigi could hear the Code blue alarm and looked back to see all his friends coming to the rescue screaming in terror from the sight. Luigi finally got on the elevator and decided to call Daisy. He called and called but got no answer. "C'mon Daisy pick up". He got off the elevator and ran as quickly as he could to the site of the incident.

As he whipped around the corner he stumbled back. "Huh...Wario"? Wario stood in front of the broken window where Waluigi fell. He walked around to get a look at Wario's face calling out his name trying to get a response. "W-Wario what happened"? Wario stood there silent, Luigi getting a better look could see the fear on his face. He was pale with his eyes locked over the edge.

"Wario, What happened"!?