Chapter 1 One Month Later

You groaned reaching for the pillow as it was pushed away from you, your head resting against it with a Hmm leaving your lips. You should of been up by now but you wanted to sleep in, enjoy the crisp morning with no care in the world. That was until your alarm rang startling you out of your relaxing sleep. You sat up your hair messily framing your face as you groaned reaching for your phone to shut it off.

"Stupid!-" you grumbled under your breath before sighing rubbing your eyes. Slowly you swung your legs from around the bed to the edge making your way to the bathroom for a shower. This was pretty routine now, wake up, get a shower, get dress, make breakfast for your self and Phoenix, and head down to the office before him. It's only been a month since the death of your best friend and you had no where else to turn.

You had broken up with your boyfriend before the trial of Phoenix Wright, and had been living with Phoenix for the month searching for an apartment still. It was hard to find one in the city like you preferred, and you didn't want to go cheap, a woman living alone wasn't exactly safe. Phoenix didn't mind you staying with him for the time being letting you sleep in your own room.

The steam cleared from the shower as you stepped out putting on your clothes before drying your hair. Yes this past month hadn't been as eventful as the first days you had known Phoenix, people talked about the trials for a few days but no attention was drawn to Wright & (L/N) law offices, and you knew that wasn't good. Rent was getting closer and you feared the worst, but you had to say you were surprised no one turned up for you at least! You're a known lawyer! But good things come to those who wait.

You walked out to the living room where the open kitchen was, Phoenix's apartment wasn't as spacious as your old one with Edgeworth had been but if you were being honest you liked the smaller space.

"Mmm-morning-..." a grumble to your left jerked you from your thoughts as you now began to cook breakfast.(Ah you say cook but really you just heated up some things in the microwave for you both, neither you or Phoenix took much time to cook and you both hated doing the dishes).

"Good morning" you yawned rubbing your eyes as a very sleepy and not fully awake Phoenix plopped down on the couch, still in his pj's.

"Hmm I'm starving-" his words slurred together as the microwaved beeped.

"I know" you took the plate out walking over to hand it to Phoenix who gladly took it. You hated to admit it, but there's been this thing between you both as of lately.(meaning the past 3 weeks). You didn't know what to call it but an attraction was there neither of you wanted to speak of. What it was from was most likely the thing you had when you first met, the kisses the hand holding, it would make sense. You hadn't done that since living with him, but to anyone else it just looked like you both were a couple now. In fact you weren't even sure you were ready to move on form Edgeworth! You remember after hanging with maya and getting dinner the moment you got back to Phoenix's you cried and cried and cried.(He had cried too but not for as many reasons as you).

"Thanmks!" Phoenix scarfed down his good again not taking the time to swallow to thank you for giving him his first as you walked back over to prepare your breakfast. You smiled a bit blushing as you rolled your eyes.

"You're welcome" you laughed a bit. "One of these days you're gonna choke on your food!" You grabbed your food walking over to sit with him in your suit as you looked at the tv to see him watching a tv show.(He liked court room dramas, sometimes for the strange cases, sometimes for the romance, sometimes just because he wanted something to argue at...) Phoenix looked at you swallowing down his chewed food to take a sip of his drink.

"Well that's not today!" He smiled back at you and from then on you were sitting in silence. You left after finishing your breakfast leaving him to go about his routine while you walked to the offices. You couldn't believe where you were now, if you had a chance to talk to your past self she wouldn't believe the things you had been through. You could imagine, as you walked down the sidewalk with clicking heels, the things past you would say to present you.