Chapter 21 Ultra Rare Premium Card!

The walk to studio two was silent, and you just couldn't take it. But you didn't start any conversation staying silent as you led the way your mind whirling around. You were burnt out almost, from yesterday's investigations to court today to more investigating today. Part of you wanted to go back to that moment before all this had happened.

To sit back on the couch in Phoenix's office with maya bouncing around going on about the steel samurai, then getting you and Phoenix to watch it with her. That was a nice day even if you didn't really watch the show, that wasn't even that long ago. You didn't want to face Edgeworth in court again, you didn't want to even go to court. Your mind was spinning from the long day, it wasn't until there was a hand on your shoulder that you jumped slowly turning back to see who it belonged to. Phoenix...

"Hey, are you okay?" He seemed concerned.

"Oh! Yeah of course I'm fine!" You flushed looking at his hand before looking away hastily. You felt so stupid! With your beating heart and pumping blood that boiled with his touch. You were bright red, you had to be.

"Really?" Mia peered around your side a bit her finger pressed against the corner of her lips as she supported her elbow up with her crossed arm. "We tried calling your name a few times, are you sure you're fine (Y/N)?" Mia knew you weren't, she looked at you with concern and you felt your self wanting to cave.

"I didn't hear you guys...I was just thinking, don't worry I'm fine just tired it's been a long two days!" You brushed your hair behind your ear flashing a smile, but it wasn't long for it to become a frown.

"Is it...him again?" The walking stopped all three of you not realizing you're at studio two already. Phoenix's words hung in the air and you just sucked in a breath. You knew who he was talking about, you knew what he was even talking about. You didn't want to think about it anymore, you didn't want to cry over Edgeworth anymore, it just wasn't worth your time. But emotions were silly you still cared even if you wished you didn't care as much as you did. You swallowed thickly feeling like a lump had formed in your throat.

"No" You answered simply. "It's not him...I'm fine" you repeated the words again and shook your head. "Besides, what am I supposed to do! Not be fine?" You joked a bit looking at Phoenix with twinkling eyes before looking at Mia.

"Are you sure?" She pressed again.

"I am" you sighed. "Thank you though, both of you for looking out for me"

"W-well!"'Phoenix looked taken back for only a moment his eyes wide and a slight blush dusted his face. "You're our fr-friend, we have to look out for you" There that word was again, Phoenix had struggled to get it out this time around. Mia just smiled again letting both her arms fall into a crossed state.

"Of course, Phoenix is right we have to look out for you" Mia went to reach for you only to stop.

"Oh! Hey! WP's lawyers!" A girl's voice called out to all three of you causing the conversation to come to a halt as all three of you turned around to see penny standing at the trailer. She was already up the stairs holding the railing and waving to urge all three of you over. Trading looks the three of you walked to her making sure to be careful of the stairs, especially after your encounter with them last time. Slowly you walked up first following penny inside where she immediately went back to work.

"Hey, What are you doing in the trailer penny?" You decided to speak finally after feeling like your tongue was caught by a cat.

"Oh, well, I had to arrange some-" penny turned to look at you smiling before her eyes fell on Mia. "Stuff..." she trailed off suddenly. "Umm..."

"Yes?" Phoenix raised a brow after speaking standing by your side. Penny just stared at Mia like she was trying to figure her out more.

"The, um, girl with you. Doesn't she seem a little different? Like, is she even the same person as before?" Penny looked skeptical and you felt panic rush through you. You've forgotten about how strange Mia would look to other people who have seen maya before, Mia was taller in Maya's body. Not only that but she looked more like her self than she did of maya, you don't really know how the "possession" works but you knew it was normal for them.