Chapter 2 The Steel Samurai

You hummed shifting in your bed, your eyes closed and the intention of sleeping in definitely in your mind as you curled up against your warm pillow.(Wait warm?). Shifting you felt your leg almost fall over the edge of the bed and a thought entered your hazy mind, why was the bed so small?

Ring! Ring!

You jumped your phone vibrating on the table with your ringtone blaring loudly in the darken room and you lifted your head up lazily reaching for your phone. What time was it? It was then you realized why your pillow was so warm and why the bed was so small. It wasn't a bed at all but the couch and your pillow had been none other than Phoenix. You shrieked hastily siting up holding the phone to your chest as he began to stir looking a little upset he was woken up.

You had forgotten when you both had returned back home that you made dinner and ate on the couch watching a show Phoenix actually liked. You guessed you both must of fallen asleep, it would explain why you were still in your suit as he was.

"Hmm who's calling?" He clearly wasn't fully awake now as you looked at your phone fighting off your large blush.

"Maya" you bit your lip answering the phone now sitting where his legs weren't on the couch staring away from Phoenix as he rubbed his eyes sitting up before it hit him.

"Is she okay?!" You had to shush him as you answered the phone.

"(Y-Y/N)!!!" Maya seemed frantic on the other end out of breath and you found your hands clutching your phone.

"Maya what's wrong!" You wanted to rub your eyes at being so startled awake, what time was it? Was it still early?

"I-it's the Steel Samurai! The Steel Samurai got arrested!" Maya sounded like she was shaking after you put her on speaker, Phoenix relaxed visibly leaning back on the couch with a yawn.

"Huh? You mean the guy on that show?" He seemed unbothered.

"Yes!!!! They're saying the steel Samurai killed a villain!" Maya sounded as if she was ready to weep, you knew he was her favorite hero.

"Um....isn't that what he's supposed to do?" Phoenix looked at you as you narrowed your eyes a bit.

"He got arrested Phoenix" you sighed brushing your messy hair back.

"ON TV!!" Maya gasped out on the phone only hearing Phoenix at the moment.

"Yeah, on tv!" Phoenix crossed his arms a bit still half awake, he wasn't getting the full picture just yet was he?

"No! I mean, he actually did it! In real life! He skewered a villain with his Samurai Spear!" You could almost hear her bouncing around.

"I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about" Phoenix rubbed his eyes again stretching with a yawn causing maya to huff.

"(Y/N) can tell you! Just get down here! Both of you!" And with that maya hung up leaving you to put your phone down in your lap with a tried grumble. You stood up to change leaving a confused Phoenix, you didn't except maya to call you so early in the morning! You thought something bad had happened to her! You were just relieved that nothing had as you changed into clean clothes.

Walking out of your room you noticed Phoenix was no where insight and decided to just get a snack for the road thinking to your self. Life was really different living with Phoenix, part of you didn't want to find an apartment(while the other part insisted saying if you stayed any longer with him you'd surely fall more for him). You just weren't sure what you wanted...

After all living with him was much different than living with Edgeworth, for one Phoenix was messier. Not that you minded you can't say you're cleaner than he is(well on some levels you are). Another was that Phoenix liked to sleep in, Edgeworth had liked to get up early and insist you get up with him.