Chapter 5 Cardkey

You cleared your throat unsure of what to say now, you knew you should ask for the autopsy report now, but you just couldn't. Phoenix kept his soothing touch against your back his fingers almost working to massage knots from your muscles and had you not been in public(let alone trying to hold your self together) you'd of been nothing short of silly putty in his hands! It was distracting really, too distracting.

"Um-detective" you cleared your throat again wanting to shoo away Phoenix's hand, and yet at the same time you wanted the touch there.

"Y-yes ma'am!" Gumshoe stood alert and you just offered a bit of a smile, it was a bit strained with the feelings rushing through you.

"About the autopsy report..." you let the words hang in the air and Gumshoe seemed more alert now.

"Right! I've got it here for you both!" He handed you a cream folder, you handed it back to Phoenix prompting him to take his hand away from your lower back, it felt almost bare with out the touch. "Sorry about what happened last time pal, won't happen again!"

"Thank you, but it wasn't entirely your fault...we were dealing with a higher power" you sighed brushing your hair from your face as Gumshoe nodded. He seemed like he wanted to ask you more about Edgeworth and you made sure not to prompt him to keeping your gaze away to stare at the fork in the path. You took the time to look at the trees the arch way and the..fallen monkey head? When had that happened?

"Why did you arrest Mr.Powers?" Phoenix spoke drawing your attention away from the fallen monkey head that used to be attached to a body, you guessed you'd ask about it later.

"Simple, pal! The murder took place right over there in Studio One. Now, the victim entered Studio One at approximately 1:00 PM. At that time, there was no one other than the victim in the studio. According to the autopsy report, the time of death was 2:30 PM. Only one person went to the studio between 1:00 and 2:30! And that person was none other than Will Powers! No one else, pal! If you think I'm lying, ask the security lady at the main gate!" Gumshoe puffed up his chest a bit again.

"If that's true then....anyone would think Mr.Powers did it" you muttered under your breath dropping your arms from your crossed hold.

"Thanks for cheering me up..." Phoenix groaned a bit.

"So you talked to Ms.Oldbag then?" You shifted the conversation.

"Oh! Yes! That sweet old lady! What a charmer!" Gumshoe smiled.

"Huh? A-are we even talking about the same person?!" Phoenix made a face and you had to keep your self from laughing.

"When I showed her my badge she gave me a donut and some coffee!" Gumshoe beamed as maya and Phoenix just slumped their shoulders unhappily.

"I guess she's a suck up to authority too!..." Maya huffed a bit and you avoided her gaze with a nervous smile, so she really was starting to suck up to you...great....

"She even gave me a valuable piece of evidence!" What?! How could she give Gumshoe something?! You just sighed a bit after maya practically screamed what.

"What evidence?" You felt your fingers twitching at your sides at the thought, what evidence could there be other than Ms.Oldbag's words?!

"Well, that, er, photo. The photo of the Steel Samurai heading toward the scene of the crime!" Gumshoe seemed on the spot as you asked him, you knew for a fact he had a hard time not telling you things. But was it because he respected you or because of who your ex was you never did know.

"What?!" Maya gasped looking to you and Phoenix before her gaze was back on Gumshoe. "Who took it!!"

"See that camera up on the gate pal?" Gumshoe looked up as all three of you had, you had failed to notice the camera...