Chapter 6 Picture Perfect Samurai

You stood at studio one's entrance resisting the urge to look embarrassed, you didn't mention it out loud but you thought before you were at studio one only an extension! But that just proves how little you knew about studios, it wasn't like the office, easy to navigate! This was the studio they found Jack Hammers body.

"Well! Are we gonna try the cardkey?" Maya rocked on her heels as you fished it from your purse holding it up with a sigh.

"Yeah hopefully it'll work" you slid it across the panel on the wall waiting with anxious breath to see if the red light would flash green. There was a pause.

Beep!

The color turned green releasing the locks on the doors. You released a breath opening them to let Phoenix and maya walk in first. The studio was dark, it was hard to make out what was all around but you saw a few cameras and lights around, the floor wasn't anything special until you noticed the tape on the ground. It got so very quite as you stepped in the door closing behind you to stare at the tape that outlined a body, Hmm was it just you or did the way the tape looked was wrong. If you were thinking about it being struck with a spear you'd of stumbled back, then fallen... maybe you were looking too much at it but it seemed like the body was just thrown there.

"What is it?" Phoenix seemed to notice your thoughtful stare. You broke it with the floor to look at him.

"It's nothing" You decided not to mention it thinking you were over thinking it as you waved your hand in dismissal.

"Doesn't this just give you both shivers!" Maya walked around looking at a chair you failed to notice, you wondered if the director sat there sometimes. "The white tape! It's!....its so real!" She was really enjoying her self here wasn't she? You were glad some one was.

"You'd think being stabbed would leave a few blood stains" Phoenix knelt down to look closer at the floor with out touching it you approached him. He had a point!

"Maybe the costume absorbed most of it? I hear those things are heavy?" You mused over the thought as Phoenix nodded a bit.

"I guess" he shrugged looking up at you and you found your self staring. There was a silence as he stood up neither of you saying anything to the other and then, you flicked the stray strand of hair away from his face. "Hey!" He smiled amused as you went to walk over to maya.

"It's bugging me!" You joked looking back at him.

"I like it like that!" He was fixing his hair as he walked up to you and maya who was now looking at a camera.

"Wow look at this camera!!" Maya beamed as she reached a hand out to touch it. "This must cost a ton!"

"Wait don't touch it!" You went to stop her but it was too late she had it in her arms with a wide smile. She was more of a handful this time around you guessed because she was so excited. You couldn't take that away from her.

"Hey! Put it back!" Phoenix was frantic trying to take the camera from her all three of you almost fighting over the camera.

"Hey! You three! No touching!" You jumped at the new voice hastily putting the camera back with maya as Phoenix turned around with a nervous smile. It was a young looking girl standing there with her hair in a pony tail holding a clip board.

"Ah...um, sorry my youngest partner is kind of...y'know" Phoenix seemed on the spot only to make a face as maya lightly hit his shoulder.

"No I don't know!" She seemed upset with him and you tried not to laugh, the way you've all been bickering lately you all sounded like family!(not that you minded, in fact you liked the idea of all three of you being a family!). You had to stop those two before they started to fight, if anyone was gonna fight it would be Phoenix and maya.